Already Given Away to good home. White 3" mini - mini
Sep 21, 2007 at 2:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 56

stevenkelby

Headphoneus Supremus
[size=x-large]Contests over, congrats to Eric![/size]

I made this for a guy here and he never paid me for it and didn't return my recent messages so I was selling it. No interest in the couple days it was up so I realized I should give it away to someone who needs it as head-fi has been so good to me.

3" of Canare Starquad cable between the Neutrik plugs. I used Cardas Quad Eutectic Solder and dialectic resin on the solder joints. It's pretty flexible.

26204502068.jpg

26204502139.jpg

RULES:

1. The top line of your post must contain, and only contain the following single sentence:

Gimme an albino mini-mini!

2. You can only make one post with the above sentence at the top. After that, post all you like.

3. Your post must contain one of the following:

3A: Something that makes me chuckle, most anything will do it. A joke, funny picture etc. Hopefully the winner will be something original that I haven't seen or heard before. I spend a lot of time on the internet and get a lot of emails so that may not be easy.

OR

3B: Something educational that I didn't know before and find interesting. Some info on quantum electro dynamics or a new use for chopsticks. Anything interesting and/or thought provoking.

4. Winner must have been a member on or before 31st. August, and have had at least 10 posts at that time. I'll check. You can still post, but won't win.

5. Winner must not sell the cable within one month of winning it. If you do I will cross your name off the list of cool people that I keep in my diary.

5. Winner will be drawn by post number from all valid posts using Random.Org in exactly 7 days from this post, that is, midnight at the end of Friday 28th of Sep 07.

Good luck!

Sep 21, 2007 at 2:42 PM Post #2 of 56

10111_findx.JPG

okay, okay, seen it, I'll add one of my favorites then.

1188752631043.jpg

Sep 21, 2007 at 2:44 PM Post #4 of 56

teamflashiz9.png

in case you don't play CS
wtfxh8.jpg

Sep 21, 2007 at 6:36 PM Post #10 of 56

I don't think I can make anyone laugh, so I'll post some educational info instead.
Here is some info I think you wouldn't have known before:
  1. 0 & 2 are the only numbers whose multiplication equals the addition

0+0=0
    0x0=0

2+2=4
    2x2=4
  2. 111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321
  3. Sunlight takes 8 minutes and 14 seconds to reach earth
  4. The electric chair was invented by a dentist
  5. TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one row of the keyboard.

I hope I win... I normally never have any luck when it comes to these things...
plainface.gif

Sep 21, 2007 at 7:05 PM Post #11 of 56

What is the relationship between the mind and the brain? Solipsism is the philosophical position that I alone exist, or I alone am conscious. Although most people don't take solipsism seriously, it is hard to imagine evidence to refute it. The difficult of knowing whether other people (or animals) have conscious experiences is known as the problem of other minds. If children are conscious and a just-fertilized egg is not (one would assume), then at what point between egg and childhood does someone become conscious? And how could we possibly know? What about a robot? At what point, if any, would we decide that a robot is conscious? Some people respond, "Never. A robot is just a machine, and it's programmed to do what it does." True, but the human brain is also a machine. (A machine is anything that converts one kind of energy to another.) And we too, are programmed -- by our genes and our past experiences. Perhaps no robot of the kind we are building ever can be conscious, if consciousness is a property of carbon chemistry. But how would we know? Can you imagine any evidence to refute that a robot is conscious?

Sep 21, 2007 at 10:01 PM Post #14 of 56
gimme an albino mini-mini!
(well, not really...don't want it)

but, did you know that birds are dinosaurs?

and, if you did know that, did you know that inbreeding can actually increase mean population fitness?
eek.gif

Sep 22, 2007 at 1:23 AM Post #15 of 56

Users who are viewing this thread

Back