Alps Potentiometers for a good price
May 13, 2002 at 12:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 149

Steven Everett

New Head-Fier
While looking for pots I found a couple of suppliers in Hong Kong. I bought 4 of them for one man, waiting on their delivery, but was contacted by another man who said he could supply me with pots for a better price. Here are the pots:

ALPS 100K AUDIO AMPLIFIER POTENTIOMETERS

Made in Japan and same batch!

Brand new!

Type: Stepped and have loudness tappings!

These are Alps and these are the best pots you can get around, value as stated 100K. Some called them Blue Beauty or Blue Velvet! They are in fact encapsuled with stunning channel accuracy of 2 dB. They are both stereo and pins are intact! These are Logarithmic and most of all used in Volume control then you can choose what's what in your amps or preamp! A great pot which is sonically unsurpassable and easy for you to get them!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2102579074

Mr. Leung told me he would charge us 6 U.S.dollars each for the pots and US registered airmail is $6. I would assume this is for one package. I do not know how many pots will fit in a package.
Here is the man's name and address:

Wai Kei Leung
WAI YIP ELECTRONICS
ROOM 5, 2ND FLOOR
PROSPERITY BUILDING
61 TUNG CHOI STREET
MONG KOK, KOWLOON
HONG KONG
TEL #: 852-27814810
FAX #: 852-23875560
E-MAIL: wkleung8@netvigator.com

As I said I do NOT have any experience with this company but if he can supply us with good pots for $6 each I think it is well worth the chance.
steve

May 13, 2002 at 12:28 PM Post #2 of 149
Could one of our HK residents check these out?

biggrin.gif

ok,
erix

May 13, 2002 at 2:57 PM Post #3 of 149
Well, I just took the "Buy It Now" option. The guy had over 900 positives. If there is an issue, then I will have learned a $22+ lesson. I will keep you guys posted.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 13, 2002 at 4:34 PM Post #4 of 149
Ok, an update. The lesson that can be learned may go to an $80.00 lesson. While in communication with Mr. Leung, I also ordered some 50K Alps.

The good news is that he communicates in a very timely manner. If/when all goes well, we may be onto something.
smily_headphones1.gif
Will continue to keep you posted.

May 13, 2002 at 5:38 PM Post #5 of 149
May 13, 2002 at 8:22 PM Post #7 of 149
Quote:

Wait, 80 dollars because you bought so many?

Yes, I ended up buying 8. Then you also need to add the shipping cost from Hong Kong.

May 13, 2002 at 11:18 PM Post #8 of 149
just happened to notice Jon , that this was your first ebay purchase.

[size=medium]GET AWAY WHILE YOU CAN[/size]

Do NOT check daily and NEVER NEVER NEVER BID AGAIN.And do NOT get into tube rolling

That way lies madness (or lack of cashflow)

rick

May 14, 2002 at 7:16 AM Post #9 of 149
Be Sure it is a Alps pot ! I had order from Alps for many years but never seen such outlooking alps ! You can check at alps Web site
for 27mm Metal Shaft Pot
http://www4.alps.co.jp/2002pdf/pdf_e...shaft/27mm.pdf

It outlooking seem to be 100% difference from Photo seen on Ebay. I know a China manufacturer made some Immitation alps Pot just look like this Photo. The Company name just like "Sound xxxx".

Also Alps V.R in it Catalogue don't have RH series ! 27mm
V.R Pot is RKxxxxx not RHxxxxx

Alps Pot is Die cast case + Phenonic not platic case !

I'm sure I'm correct or not but I suspect it !

May 14, 2002 at 7:50 AM Post #10 of 149
Quote:

Originally posted by Joe Lau
Be Sure it is a Alps pot ! I had order from Alps for many years but never seen such outlooking alps ! You can check at alps Web site
for 27mm Metal Shaft Pot
http://www4.alps.co.jp/2002pdf/pdf_e...shaft/27mm.pdf

It outlooking seem to be 100% difference from Photo seen on Ebay. I know a China manufacturer made some Immitation alps Pot just look like this Photo. The Company name just like "Sound xxxx".

Also Alps V.R in it Catalogue don't have RH series ! 27mm
V.R Pot is RKxxxxx not RHxxxxx

Alps Pot is Die cast case + Phenonic not platic case !

I'm sure I'm correct or not but I suspect it !

I mean ! I'm not sure I'm right or not but I really suspect it !
I will try to contact Alps to confirm it !

May 15, 2002 at 2:04 AM Post #12 of 149
I don't think so, look at the Alps pot that tabgent used on the META42 and it looks exactly the same except for the numbering in the back. ( The pic is on page 2 of the thread)

May 15, 2002 at 2:23 AM Post #13 of 149
Quote:

Originally posted by CaptBubba
I don't think so, look at the Alps pot that tabgent used on the META42 and it looks exactly the same except for the numbering in the back. ( The pic is on page 2 of the thread)

I also have a Sample of such outlooking Pot but it is not made by
Alps ! I never seem a Alps Pot use lable in the back to identifier it parts no ! Anyway I had request our staff check to Alps Hong Kong office to confirm this matter. Please wait for a day. We only order 18mm and 40mm from Alps so I not sure 27mm Outlooking but Even 18mm type outlooking even better than Photo on Ebay !

May 15, 2002 at 4:00 AM Post #15 of 149
http://www.angela.com/catalog/potent...Alps_Pots.html

Angela carries the blue beuties, and the pictures look similar... Also, i've purchased many alps blue beuties from a local repudible distributer as well as from parts connection (when it was still around), all of which look similar to the pics... The sound from all of those pots are far superior to the cheap alps pots or panasonic pots i've used...

that said, the one's i've purchased are slightly different- the plastic/metal case is identical, but the pins, shaft, and model numbers are different...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back