Alps potentiometer from Ebay
Sep 3, 2002 at 11:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

fyleow

500+ Head-Fier
Anyone know the quality of these? I did a search on "Alps Potentiometer" on Ebay and got a bunch of results. The guy is from Hong Kong selling them for about 12 dollars for two. These look like the Alps Blue. I think there was this gigantic thread about it awhile ago and JMT bought something like $100 worth of pots from the guy. Anyone recall the quality of the pots? I can't remember.

If these are good I'm thinking of just buying these instead of shelling out the 45 dollars per pot from Percy Audio. I could get 7 for the price of one
rolleyes.gif

Sep 3, 2002 at 11:40 PM Post #2 of 5
These are not alps blue pots....I've used a couple, they work alright, but are not the best quality. It's a good value though. BTW, alps blue pots run about $29, not $45.

Read that long thread about it and you'll get all the info you need

Sep 3, 2002 at 11:59 PM Post #3 of 5
Err the ones that Percy Audio sell are Black Beauties sorry. There is a $35 that is stereo (10k/100K) and there is the more expensive one. "25 mm blue Alps motorized pots" which is $47.50. I can get the 25 mm alps for $29? Where at?

Sep 5, 2002 at 12:44 AM Post #5 of 5
The META42 pages point you to several sources for ALPS Blues, and also to the Head-Fi thread that discusses the faux-ALPS stepped attenuators. (They are not potentiometers!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back