ALPS pot and PPA
Jul 4, 2004 at 4:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Juergen

100+ Head-Fier
While building my PPA I noticed that the shaft of the ALPS pot sticks out about 3/4" from the front panel. I have the aluminum knob with the two black rubber rings from Tangent's parts list. With the knob on, the shaft looks to be about a 1/4" too long. All of the PPA's that I have seen only have a small gap between the knob and faceplate. The pot can't be slid back. What am I missing?

Jul 4, 2004 at 4:23 AM Post #2 of 4
you will have to cut the shaft, i used a dremel which makes prefectly clean cuts, or any find hack saw would work

[edit]: spelling

Jul 4, 2004 at 4:38 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by ProFingerSk8er
you will have to cut the shaft, i used a dremel which makes prefectly clean cuts, or any find hack saw would work

[edit]: spelling

I never thought of that! Since it's already soldered to the board I probably won't try the hacksaw route (it would probably put too much stress on the circuit board) but I think I will buy a cutting disk for my drill tomorrow. Thanks for the tip.

Jul 4, 2004 at 8:52 AM Post #4 of 4
you can use a hacksaw on the pot even with it already soldered down, but it sure is a whole lot easier to just put one of the metal cutting disks on the dremel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back