Alpha & Delta JAAP: A Sweatproof Wireless Bluetooth Sports IEM w/OTG Charging
May 28, 2017 at 12:49 AM Post #32 of 43
Does anyone know the exact ship date on these? Cant wait to try these at the gym.

from Kickstarter update 5/14

"Having said that, we are still on track to deliver in June. The manufacturing process will take about 20 days. Thus, we are estimated to ship between mid to late June depending on the progress. "

May 28, 2017 at 1:23 AM Post #33 of 43
Um, D5 and D6? Hmm?

Sorry OOT a bit, Just saw this post. I tried D6 prototype in CanJam, also a few days ago in LMUE. Teo let me try 3x D6 prototype in 3 different shell color, Black like the one in CanJam, Silver, and Gunmetal. Basically I like the D6 tuning, it is more towards neutral tonality with excellent clarity and transparency. Treble is great with good brilliance and sparkle. Bass a bit on the lean side, but not anemic. Here are my impressions of the 3 prototypes I tried a few days ago:

LMUE D6 Black
Balanced and clear sounding. Natural tonality with clarity as the main sonic character. Bass slam and punch are not very powerful and a bit lean. Good sub bass extension, texture and speed.

LMUE D6 Gunmetal
Overall similar character to D6 Black, but treble is smoother with slightly better bass and midrange body than the black. Balanced and smooth with very good clarity and spacious stereo imaging.

LMUE D6 Silver
Very close to Gunmetal sound, but Gunmetal sounds a tad more refined.

My preference is more toward the Gunmetal finish. And it seems that it will become the final tuning for the A&D D6. I like D6, single dynamic IEM with this nice neutral tuning are not many. Pretty close to neutral reference type of tuning, not the colored warm bassy type. To my memory, pretty close to MEE audio Pinnacle P1 type of tuning, but with better bass. Looking forward to the D6 launch date.

Jul 22, 2017 at 2:06 PM Post #39 of 43
Latest update

Posted by Teo Shi Jie (Creator)
Dear all,

I am happy to inform all of you that the current batch has passed quality control and we are now packing the earphones. We will start shipping them out on Monday. Thank you all for your patience and for the encouraging words!

The shipping sequence will be the same as posted previously. I have copied and pasted the shipping schedule from the previous post for easy reference:

For USA customers, as you guys form more than 50% of all backers, it makes sense for us to send a huge batch to our Amazon fulfillment warehouse and send it out to you guys from there. This will greatly reduce the possible loss of parcel during shipment and also ensure you guys receive the item in the shortest possible time. Shipping of JAAP from Shenzhen to Amazon fulfillment will take 5 working days. After that, it should take about 7 working days to reach all of you.

For Singapore customers, we will be sending JAAP from Shenzhen to Singapore. From there, we will send it out to you backers. We will sending out via Singpost Smartpac, a prepaid registered shipping solution. Thus, you do not have to worry about not being at home for delivery as the postman will automatically deposit into your mailbox if you are not available for collection. Some of you have requested to collect it at our retail shop. We will be in contact to inform you when you can come by to collect it.

For the rest of you, we will be sending out JAAP directly from Shenzhen to you. You will be receiving a tracking number. But due to the number of shipments, please give us about 2-3 days for us to update you the shipping number.

Regards,

Teo

Jul 30, 2017 at 10:18 PM Post #40 of 43
Got my Jaap last Saturday, collected it directly from their store. Didn't bump into Teo as his dad said he was just called back to his military camp for a mock gathering. I wasn't able to get a perfect seals with any of the default stock so I'll probably have to roam around my person collections for other tips. However, I do like the sound from these babies. These are probably one of the nicest sounding, but definitely the most non-fatiguing bluetooth earphones I've tried. I've listened to many of the big brands before and didn't like any of them except for the Onkyo W800BT. The Jaap has little coloration and the right amount of warmth, not bright and abit more bass than the average earphones and it's this combination that makes the Jaap's sound very comfortable to listen to. Considering that these are going for around $70-75, it might be one of the biggest steal in the bluetooth earphones market.

Aug 14, 2017 at 6:56 AM Post #42 of 43
Got my Jaap last Saturday, collected it directly from their store. Didn't bump into Teo as his dad said he was just called back to his military camp for a mock gathering. I wasn't able to get a perfect seals with any of the default stock so I'll probably have to roam around my person collections for other tips. However, I do like the sound from these babies. These are probably one of the nicest sounding, but definitely the most non-fatiguing bluetooth earphones I've tried. I've listened to many of the big brands before and didn't like any of them except for the Onkyo W800BT. The Jaap has little coloration and the right amount of warmth, not bright and abit more bass than the average earphones and it's this combination that makes the Jaap's sound very comfortable to listen to. Considering that these are going for around $70-75, it might be one of the biggest steal in the bluetooth earphones market.

Received a unit for review from Teo. Agree with you on the sound. I do appreciate the non-fatigue tuning thought I would prefer slightly brighter. Having said that, I wear them for running and I won't care too much about audio precision. Battery life is around 5 hours, which is great..

Alpha&Delta-Jaap_1.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back