Alpha & Delta D2 Impressions
May 17, 2016 at 8:28 AM Post #346 of 492
I just receive my unit. The fit is kinda finicky.. Sound? The mid bass though.. A little boomy than FLC imo. 
confused_face.gif

Guess i will burn in for now.

May 17, 2016 at 8:46 AM Post #347 of 492
I thought you are using SpinFit? Or is it from my lack of knowledge that Spinfit also come in black?
Can I also ask your opinion regarding direct comparison with E-40? As both are mid centric IEM I kinda consider as a replacement for IM50.

for purpose of review pictures, I use stock tips. i have both e40 and d2, d2 is more mid centric but in terms of overall, e40 is better but you pay more

May 17, 2016 at 9:35 AM Post #348 of 492
Ah, yeah, diminishing return always there.. I'm looking at E-40 for an upgrade for my IM50, which will be delegated as Sports IEM.. Will look at A&D D2 when it finally broke..

May 17, 2016 at 10:43 AM Post #349 of 492
Ah, yeah, diminishing return always there.. I'm looking at E-40 for an upgrade for my IM50, which will be delegated as Sports IEM.. Will look at A&D D2 when it finally broke..

d2 is cheap. you can just bring it around

May 17, 2016 at 7:55 PM Post #350 of 492
got an update on my d2 from lendmeurears. they shoulda arrived to Amazon Canada's warehouse last week but only got there today due to customs. shipping is now upgraded to express free of charge to get em out asap. cant wait!

May 17, 2016 at 11:24 PM Post #351 of 492
@Audio123 yeah, i bet it'd be a good backup or Gift IEM... I actually am deliberating for <50IEM for a friend... my consideration right now is Radius NHR11 (normal IEM style) this (Ear Loop Style), or Monoprice (Over Ear)... well gotta ask the man himself for his preference.

May 18, 2016 at 4:33 AM Post #352 of 492
I've hated and loved these, all to fitting issues. My favourite Etymotic style tips won't work with this IEM at all due to the angle of the nozzle so I had to look for other tips. Almost all tips gave me quite a lot of sibilance (which I hate). Only yesterday I tried some cheap faux Sony hybrids that I got from AliExpress and it just worked just fine. These sure are choosy on tips but if you get the right ones for you this IEM is very nice. Voices really start to stand out and I get to hear the sub-bass while retaining clarity. 
Furthermore they are very light and comfortable and love the way they look. So all in all not love at first hearing but I'm glad I persevered with them.

May 18, 2016 at 8:28 AM Post #353 of 492
@Audio123 yeah, i bet it'd be a good backup or Gift IEM... I actually am deliberating for <50IEM for a friend... my consideration right now is Radius NHR11 (normal IEM style) this (Ear Loop Style), or Monoprice (Over Ear)... well gotta ask the man himself for his preference.

yeah very good spare iem!

May 18, 2016 at 6:07 PM Post #355 of 492
  Oh yeah, so I got my review done:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/alpha-delta-d2/reviews/16015

Excellent review. Honest and hype free. Refreshing, especially when looking back through the thread. Would love to see how the QKZ W1 Pro stacks up in comparison. I preferred it's more balanced sound vs. the XF200 and bet it would compare quite well.

May 18, 2016 at 9:39 PM Post #356 of 492
May 18, 2016 at 9:48 PM Post #357 of 492

Excellent review. Honest and hype free. Refreshing, especially when looking back through the thread. Would love to see how the QKZ W1 Pro stacks up in comparison. I preferred it's more balanced sound vs. the XF200 and bet it would compare quite well.

@thatBeatsguy: In the "Cons" section, I'd suggest changing MOST to MY.
beerchug.gif

Oh. Right. Thanks for pointing that out. 
wink.gif

May 19, 2016 at 1:49 AM Post #359 of 492
I tried and I really wanted to like these ie, and soundwise they are really good for the price, but I just received my second replacement pair and it has worse issues than the original ones. The plastic tubing on the right piece comes of the side which makes the wired come out of my ear every couple minutes. And to make matters worse, I am experiencing worse driver flex out of both sides. I sino know if I keep getting replacement out of a bad batch, but the issues are annoying to deal with for a pair of headphones that I wanted for everyday use.

May 19, 2016 at 4:12 PM Post #360 of 492

Look what came in the mail for me today! Initial impression is very forward mids, good bass with foam tips...BUT, I must have the iem pushed in quite far for that to happen...not unpleasant though...good sound.

Burn in over the next few days, and more impressions...cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back