Aloha from Hawaii!
Nov 3, 2001 at 6:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

Surfaday

Head-Fier
Just wanted to check in and introduce myself. I've been lurking here for a few days, and that has added up to too many hours spent reading, learning, and laughing along with all the active posters.

I live in Hawaii and though I don't have much headphone expertise, I bring an enthusiasm for music and headphones to the group; plus, a standing offer to take you surfing if you come to Honolulu.

As for headphones of consequence, I started with a Grado SR60 and have recently moved up to Grado SR225's. Before that, I had been victimized by the various bottom of the barrel 'phones that were included with pcdp's, and for some reason, usually replaced those early 'phones with similar models off the shelf of the local drugstore. After by chance trying out a pair of Porta-pros in a music store while on vacation, I suddenly realized that there was a whole other world of headphones out there! Hence, the SR60's.

So that's it, except to mention my wife, 2 daughts at home, one daught in college, and a son who's moved out but landed 2 blocks from home, thats about it.

This is really a great bbs. Thanks to all those who are sharing their wealth of knowlege.

Walt, aka, surfaday

Nov 3, 2001 at 7:17 PM Post #2 of 33
let me be the first to welcome you to the community Walt
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 3, 2001 at 7:20 PM Post #5 of 33
Welcome to your new home.......
biggrin.gif

Nov 3, 2001 at 9:29 PM Post #7 of 33
What's up bradda!
biggrin.gif
Be sure to keep an eye out for later info on a possible Honolulu Headfi meet later this month/next month.

Nov 3, 2001 at 9:31 PM Post #8 of 33
Hi Walt and welcome.

You will certainly find some of the greatest people on the web right here. One word of advice....give your credit card to your wife and make her swear not to give it back to you no matter how much you beg, plead, whine, cry, shout, pout, etc.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 3, 2001 at 9:37 PM Post #9 of 33
might be wise to also let her promise not to go on a shopping spree
wink.gif

and welcome to the forums Surfaday!

Nov 4, 2001 at 2:19 AM Post #12 of 33
Surfaday: You're both extremely lucky and unlucky. You happen to live in the same city as Vertigo, which means you might actually get to hear the MDR-r10 Kings (arguably the best dynamic headphones for vocals ever made, street price $4000). Of course, hearing all these amazing headphones tends to inspire a desire to buy more, hence the downside...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back