ALO V-DOCK HAS ARRIVED! PICS
Aug 30, 2007 at 10:27 PM Post #376 of 388
Quote:

Originally Posted by trose49 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I took a peak under the hood of the V-dock. I will not post pics so please do not ask.

All I will say is that I thought I was looking at a time bomb!
basshead.gif
Man the Caps are [size=small]BIG![/size]

Think these are big, look at the audio note silver or copper caps or the jensen caps.LOL even bigger at the same value. Compared to the 50 cents cap, every custom made cap IS big.

Aug 31, 2007 at 12:22 AM Post #378 of 388
Oct 11, 2007 at 6:13 AM Post #384 of 388
Reviving thread...as I have an 80GB iMod with portable Vcap and Jumbo Cryos on the way! I am SOOOOO very excited! Also ordered up a Hornet to power it all and a Yo Tank to protect it.

Can't wait to report back on my thoughts!

RIDE

Oct 11, 2007 at 10:51 AM Post #385 of 388
Quote:

Originally Posted by RIDE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Reviving thread...as I have an 80GB iMod with portable Vcap and Jumbo Cryos on the way! I am SOOOOO very excited! Also ordered up a Hornet to power it all and a Yo Tank to protect it.

RIDE

Dang, you're one of the guys that beat me to that P-Vcap dock.

Oct 12, 2007 at 12:22 AM Post #386 of 388
Quote:

Originally Posted by RIDE /img/forum/go_quote.gif

RIDE

Congrats:
wink.gif

Oct 12, 2007 at 3:24 PM Post #388 of 388
Quote:

Originally Posted by tourmaline /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are the vcaps burned in yet? How do you like em now?!

I honestly did not notice any sq dif after about 200 hours. Most changes were 0-100hrs with some slight improvemnt in the highs from 100-200hrs.

The Bass freq seem to tighten and go deeper after about 50-60hrs I would say.

Sounds amazing.

I am going to set up a music server (19"LCD>Apple TV>DAC>Raptor>DT990 (600ohms) with an external DAC for my new Raptor that is coming soon.

But I am going to try the V-dock as a source first and compare the sound of the HR-2 and the Raptor with a source that I am familiar with (V-Dock).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back