ALO USB DAC
Jan 24, 2010 at 9:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

kboe

Headphoneus Supremus
Sniff sniff, what ya smell boy... Tax returns!

Hey Ken,
I remeber reading in the 6Moons article about a USB DAC to be released in the same dimensions as the Rx. Is there any news your willing to part with or tip your hat on?

Jan 24, 2010 at 9:49 PM Post #2 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by kboe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sniff sniff, what ya smell boy... Tax returns!

Hey Ken,
I remeber reading in the 6Moons article about a USB DAC to be released in the same dimensions as the Rx. Is there any news your willing to part with or tip your hat on?

Hey Kobe,

Thanks. Yes we had one done and working ready to go into production about a month ago and I was not happy with the DAC chip used so we are going with a much better Sabre chip, testing now. We should have this soon if the chip is what we think it will be sound wise.

Cheers

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Jan 25, 2010 at 2:47 AM Post #3 of 14
Super. Well worth the wait if the sound will be better. You'll have to test it with the Amphora and other amps and let us know how it does compared to some other DACs you stock at 32 Ohm Audio. Thanks.

Jan 25, 2010 at 5:36 AM Post #5 of 14
As far as I understand, the USB DAC and the Transport/DAC will be two separate units. The USB DAC will be for computer audio only, while the transport will house a DAC and what ever technology is needed to pull the digital signal off the iPod. This quote is from the 6Moons review of the Rx Amp.

"Our next product will pair up with it using an identical enclosure. Also running off a Li-Ion battery, this new device will take the digital signal off the iPod into its own high-performance DAC and output analog into the Rx. This is poised to redefine the landscape of portable audio as we know it. My partner is very bright and has been working with Apple on this for quite some time; this product will feature 'Works with iPhone' approval. We are also working on a balanced version of the Rx using a 4-pole mini plug as well as a 24-bit/96kHz USB DAC."

Did I get that right Ken/Matt?

Jan 25, 2010 at 5:38 AM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

As far as I understand, the USB DAC and the Transport/DAC will be two separate units. The USB DAC will be for computer audio only, while the transport will house a DAC and what ever technology is needed to pull the digital signal off the iPod. This quote is from the 6Moons review of the Rx Amp.

"Our next product will pair up with it using an identical enclosure. Also running off a Li-Ion battery, this new device will take the digital signal off the iPod into its own high-performance DAC and output analog into the Rx. This is poised to redefine the landscape of portable audio as we know it. My partner is very bright and has been working with Apple on this for quite some time; this product will feature 'Works with iPhone' approval. We are also working on a balanced version of the Rx using a 4-pole mini plug as well as a 24-bit/96kHz USB DAC."

Did I get that right Ken/Matt?

Yep they are 2 separate items. We are so optimistic
wink.gif

ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Jan 26, 2010 at 7:42 AM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Have you settled on what type of USB inputs to use and what type of outs, or is it still to soon to say?

Yes, we all need to know this now
popcorn.gif
!

Mar 30, 2010 at 4:05 AM Post #11 of 14
Guys,

We are working on (I am listening to one now
bigsmile_face.gif
) the Rx DAC. Info;

input: Optical TOSLINK and SPDIF via 3.5mm Mono

outputs, mini jack

DAC chip used; ESS Sabre

The enclosure is the same as the Rx, exactly the same.

Thanks

Ken

Mar 31, 2010 at 4:10 PM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by KB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
input: Optical TOSLINK and SPDIF via 3.5mm Mono

USB DAC without USB input? Hmmm...

Mar 31, 2010 at 5:59 PM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
USB DAC without USB input? Hmmm...

My thoughts exactly!

Users who are viewing this thread