ALO SXC Cryo Products
Mar 8, 2009 at 4:59 PM Post #91 of 102
Across the board the clarity and detail will improve. Also there will be more air in between the notes as well as being a bit more extended. Finally the bass will have more weight. I am talking about subtle but very noticeable changes. The 18 gage SXC is a very nice cable.

Mar 14, 2009 at 8:33 AM Post #92 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Across the board the clarity and detail will improve. Also there will be more air in between the notes as well as being a bit more extended. Finally the bass will have more weight. I am talking about subtle but very noticeable changes. The 18 gage SXC is a very nice cable.

any major difference between the SXC 22g and 18g , besides the thickness ?

Mar 14, 2009 at 8:47 PM Post #93 of 102
Price.

Mar 14, 2009 at 9:19 PM Post #94 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by xcluded /img/forum/go_quote.gif
any major difference between the SXC 22g and 18g , besides the thickness ?

Sorry but I did not do a side by side of these two cables, regardless of which one you buy I would think that you will be very happy. This based on prior experience w/ cables by Ken.
biggrin.gif

Mar 14, 2009 at 11:37 PM Post #95 of 102
I asked Ken this awhile back. I have the 5.5g Imod with either Hornet or 3Move amp. Wanted a cable that I could also use with Mustang/Nano--in other words, something that would lay flat. He recommended the 18g, which I bought. It lays perfectly flat and allows Nano, Imod to lay against the top of whatever amp I combine it with.

Hope that helps.

Mar 15, 2009 at 2:55 AM Post #96 of 102
ok thanks everyone. i ordered the 18g yesterday.

eagerly waiting for her arrival.

bigsmile_face.gif

Mar 21, 2009 at 1:41 PM Post #97 of 102
gotten my SXC 18g. i'm very happy with it.

anyway , does this cable need to burn in ? and for how long ?

thanks
bigsmile_face.gif

May 18, 2009 at 6:04 AM Post #98 of 102
So is the general consensus that the SxC gives a fuller sound, and more transparent? With an even bigger soundstage than the Cryo Silver X? I have the SxC (non-imod) and Silver Cryo X (iMod)... sigh...

May 18, 2009 at 4:00 PM Post #99 of 102
Hey Guys,

I wile ago I sent some drawings to the wire factory I have been working with and recently received my new wire product. What I have had made was a SXC wire same as the other ALO SXC wire (Ohno Continuous Cast Copper that is silver plated) only this wire has a different jacket. The jacket is a special clear PE that is thinner and more flexible. The wire stranding is a 22awg but the diameter of the wire is small. I made this especially for ultra portability, small mini to mini's, perfect for portable headphone cables, IEM extension cables, headphone extension cables, and any cable that needs to be ultra flexible or bend 180 degrees or with no strain. I will post some photos of this stuff when I get back from a few business trips later this weekend, and will have some samples at the Head-Fi meet in LA.

Some of the things I will be making with this wire (ALO SXC Micro Wire) is;

Mini to minis
Mini to RCA
Micro ipod cable
Micro iMod cable
headphone cables

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Aug 6, 2009 at 1:26 PM Post #101 of 102
Hi,
What would you recommend as an appropriate cable to use as an iPhone 3G line out dock connected to a Meier 3Move and Shure SE530.

I am hoping for a cable I can use that is iPhone compatible (does not need to be put into airplane mode). I like the sound signature of the SE530 and listen to a lot of classical, vocals, soundtracks (think Lord of the Rings) etc...

Aug 6, 2009 at 4:55 PM Post #102 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanalasta /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,
What would you recommend as an appropriate cable to use as an iPhone 3G line out dock connected to a Meier 3Move and Shure SE530.

I am hoping for a cable I can use that is iPhone compatible (does not need to be put into airplane mode). I like the sound signature of the SE530 and listen to a lot of classical, vocals, soundtracks (think Lord of the Rings) etc...

Hi Tanalasta

The first 4 cables located on this page HERE all work with an iPhone, when you plug it into your phone you have the option to put it in airplane mode or not, choose "no" to keep phone send and receive function ON, or choose yes to put in airplane mode.

Hope this helps,

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back