ALO RX+jH13 needs what cable?
Feb 1, 2010 at 11:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

SoundBite

New Head-Fier
Help. I do not understand amps and cables.
1. What is the name of the cable I need to make this combination work.
2. What is the most reasonable priced cable that will do a good job. (Good= paying more will yeild only minimal or "no" sound difference). I guess I prefer it not be big, stiff and ugly.
3. If I purchase form ALO the RX+ ALO OCC 18awg Triple Pipe cable, is that going to be a good choice by my definition of "Good"?
4. RLO calls it a "Line Out Dock Cable" Is that the name I'm looking for?

Feb 1, 2010 at 11:37 PM Post #2 of 17
Do you mean what cable to connect your headphones to the amp? Or what cable to connector your source, such as Ipod?

Feb 1, 2010 at 11:50 PM Post #4 of 17
You'll need a platinum-inducted hydrocoil cable, sorry to say. They start out at $500 but that's only if you're willing to get the bare-bones 99.99999999999% truth free cables.

Feb 2, 2010 at 12:17 AM Post #5 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by LingLing1337 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You'll need a platinum-inducted hydrocoil cable, sorry to say. They start out at $500 but that's only if you're willing to get the bare-bones 99.99999999999% truth free cables.

atsmile.gif

Feb 2, 2010 at 12:20 AM Post #6 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by unl3a5h3d /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you mean what cable to connect your headphones to the amp? Or what cable to connector your source, such as Ipod?

ALO RX Amp to iPod classic 160. (I was also wondering about the stock JH13 cable).

Feb 2, 2010 at 12:24 AM Post #7 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by momomo6789 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
O_o if your doing a ipod -> rx -> jh13s. it would be ipod -> Line Out Dock Cable -> RX -> then to the jh13s.

rx-> jh13s needs no new cable to work stock one is fine.

Understood: I need a Line Out Dock Cable, and no need to change the JH13s cable.
Now the remaining question is: do I really need to spring for ALOs Line Out Dock Cable, or will a less expensive one do the job well? If so, which one? Thanks.

Feb 2, 2010 at 12:44 AM Post #9 of 17
A 3" cable is only worth buying if it costs over $100.

Sorry couldn't resist
devil_face.gif

Feb 2, 2010 at 1:34 AM Post #11 of 17
If you look on the For Sale forums on here, there are alot of people selling LODs for less than half the price of the ALO cables.
Another good alternative to ALO would be whiplash audio(google it), their TWag cables(LODs and headphone cables) are very popular with the JH-13.
But I think you should do more reading on this site before you start buying stuff.
A CLUE!

Feb 2, 2010 at 4:18 AM Post #12 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by aj-kun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you look on the For Sale forums on here, there are alot of people selling LODs for less than half the price of the ALO cables.
Another good alternative to ALO would be whiplash audio(google it), their TWag cables(LODs and headphone cables) are very popular with the JH-13.
But I think you should do more reading on this site before you start buying stuff.
A CLUE!

Thanks. Any particular thread or just "LOD cables"?

Feb 2, 2010 at 2:04 PM Post #14 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by aj-kun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
click new posts at the top of the forum page, read anything that interests you, ask questions. repeat everyday for a month.

That is basicly what I did when considering the JH13 & ALO RX. I just was not sure on cables. Thanks.

Feb 2, 2010 at 3:57 PM Post #15 of 17
There's a well constructed LOD made by Fiio called the L1 you can buy on eBay for like 10 bucks. Do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back