ALO Pro 750 Mod
Mar 20, 2008 at 1:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

wfranklin

100+ Head-Fier
Ken, just noted the ALO Pro 750 mod available on your website. How does this compare to the HFI780 mod? Better, or just different? If you were to choose one or the other, which would you recommend, and why?

Mar 26, 2008 at 1:40 PM Post #2 of 7
Bump--Ken, any response?

Apr 7, 2008 at 10:48 PM Post #4 of 7
I fear that the answer might be that it depends on what you want.

I have the Pro750 standard and would like to know how they compare to the HFI780 standard form.

It seems that the ALO780 is getting all the support at the moment. I guess it will be about 6 weeks time for the ALOPro750 to become more popular.

Looking forward to the reply though.

Apr 8, 2008 at 5:51 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sceptre /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I fear that the answer might be that it depends on what you want.

I have the Pro750 standard and would like to know how they compare to the HFI780 standard form.

It seems that the ALO780 is getting all the support at the moment. I guess it will be about 6 weeks time for the ALOPro750 to become more popular.

Looking forward to the reply though.

Sorry guys. I am pretty full up on a bunch of projects that are killing me
wink.gif
But please allow me some time to A/B the two more carefully. I only tried the Modded 750s for a short time. I felt that they were a tame-er more reserved slightly meaty and darker version of the 780s. The 780s kind of have a chest thumping wow factor where the 750s seemed to me more mellow. Again I really need to sit down and go back and fourth as they are quite similar relative to one another.

Someone PM me and slap me if I get side tracked and forget to come back to this thread.

Its not that I dont want to support the 750s, there are reasons why I am doing the 780 mod more. One they are much easier to mod than the 750s, and the retail price of the 780s is less.

Thanks

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Apr 8, 2008 at 11:13 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by KB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I only tried the Modded 750s for a short time. I felt that they were a tame-er more reserved slightly meaty and darker version of the 780s. The 780s kind of have a chest thumping wow factor where the 750s seemed to me more mellow.

Its not that I dont want to support the 750s, there are reasons why I am doing the 780 mod more. One they are much easier to mod than the 750s, and the retail price of the 780s is less.

Thanks

Ken

Ken.
Thanks for the brief comment. For me, that is enough. Others might want a full report but your summary is the important part.

It must be tough being pulled in many directions and trying to run a business in the middle of it. Many thanks for your products and opinions.

Regards
John

Apr 8, 2008 at 6:34 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sceptre /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ken.
Thanks for the brief comment. For me, that is enough. Others might want a full report but your summary is the important part.

It must be tough being pulled in many directions and trying to run a business in the middle of it. Many thanks for your products and opinions.

Regards
John

hey John,

Cool! but yeah dont be fooled by my whining, I am having fun
wink.gif

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back