ALO new National+
Nov 27, 2014 at 9:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Richsvt

Headphoneus Supremus
Just saw this on their site. Interesting as I love the form. I have the regular National and love that thing. Wonder how this will stack up against it and the myriad of others with this form and output. I am considering the RXMk3+ but may seek to upgrade my regular National to give this a try. Price seems a little steep at $400...

Link: http://www.aloaudio.com/the-national-plus

Nov 28, 2014 at 3:55 PM Post #2 of 3
Looking at the dimensions, this is almost the same size as the Cypher Labs Picollo. It even has the same kind of setup. From the website: A modern portable amplifier with a classic circuit design. The National+ is an Opamp-less design; using 10 matched pairs of triodes in a discrete component layout. .
Since I already have the Picollo, I don't think I'll need this, will just save up for the RX Mk3 B+.

Just thought I'd share...

Sep 15, 2015 at 12:09 AM Post #3 of 3
I have had the National+ for a few weeks now and don't quite get why there isn't a buzz about it - very clean, very punchy, plays well with my IEMs (Low OI) FANTASTIC battery life and it is built like a little ingot of steel - is it because it seems to be similar in design to the CL Piccolo? Has anyone heard both the Piccolo and the Natonal+? 

I will say the National+ is a whole lot different than the old National - maybe ALO shouldn't have used the same name...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back