ALO jumbo cryo mini vs ALO super cotton mini
Sep 2, 2008 at 2:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

starscream

100+ Head-Fier
I just went for the ALO super cotton mini to mini from TTVJ, placed order yesterday.

But I have since been reading on the ALO website that the silver super cotton cables don't like to be bent hard. I don't intend to bend them HARD, I just intend for the conventional use of a U shaped bend to connect a portable headphone amp to my Sony A828. This would ordinarily then be placed in my shoulder bag. Is this an acceptable 'bend' or will I be damaging the cable just by connecting like this?

Should I have gone for the jumbo cryo mini to mini?

Sep 2, 2008 at 2:42 PM Post #2 of 3
I think you should be fine

Depending on the initial shape, you may want to bend it some with use of the hairdryer technique - Ken has some videos up on his page of him doing this

The goal would be to leave it in the position you'll normally have it in, so that it isn't constantly having tension from wanting to break the mold it's locked into

Sep 5, 2008 at 6:52 AM Post #3 of 3
I think the ALO Super Jumbo Cotton is a fabulous choice, I prefer it over the my jumbo cyro most of the time. I like sparkly high-end it gives while supporting a full bass.

Any U shape is fine. Just don't straighten it out and re-bend the sucker often or at all. And be sure to properly store the cable so that the silver wiring won't snap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back