ALO Dock For D2000 and Mini3 Cryo or Bling Bling
Oct 22, 2007 at 6:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

bigizzy75

100+ Head-Fier
Hello Head-fi,

As some of you may know, I recently recieved my D2000s and I am loving every bit, and Rockhopper is making my Mini3 as we speak and it should be coming soon. Now I need a LOD. And I would like to go with ALO. But I don't know what would be best for me.

I mostly listen to Classic Rock, Rock and....Rock and so I really want Guitar Riffs to melt even more wtih my D2000.

So should I go with the Bling Bling or should I go with the regular Cryo Dock. I really wont be using my setup on the go so there is no need to worry about durability only sound quality.

I was thinking about going towards the more expensive LODs but I rather save the money and purchase a nice cable when I go IMOD.

Thanks in Advance,

Izzy

Oct 22, 2007 at 8:59 AM Post #3 of 13
Since you said "melt" I would go with the regular cryo dock.

Oct 22, 2007 at 2:17 PM Post #4 of 13
Thanks rxc.

Does anyone know the sonic differences between the two.

And if you could, can you please define what warm, cold, and analytical and what characteristics do each of these two cables have. And what music style would shine in the bling bling and cryo.

Thanks,

Izzy

Oct 22, 2007 at 3:50 PM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigizzy75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks rxc.

Does anyone know the sonic differences between the two.

And if you could, can you please define what warm, cold, and analytical and what characteristics do each of these two cables have. And what music style would shine in the bling bling and cryo.

Thanks,

Izzy

You're basically asking the difference between silver and copper. Check out Ken's thoughts in his video section.

Oct 22, 2007 at 5:48 PM Post #7 of 13
Well I just came back from his videos and all he says is taste preference and he gave a chocolate example.

If this really just comes down to a silver vs. copper than which would be best for Rock music?

Oct 22, 2007 at 8:41 PM Post #9 of 13
Personally I would like to sway you to the Carbon/Cotton LOD from APureSound. It's cable is silver coated copper. And it is the best sounding LOD I've heard. And cheaper to buy as well.

Oct 22, 2007 at 9:35 PM Post #10 of 13
Just yesterday, I wrote to David (Skyline889) on this same subject... I doubt he will mind if I quote his comments. I purchased a 99.999% pure copper cable from him based on these excellent descriptions... I am editing it to the specific cables...

"Each wire has it's own pros and cons. The high purity copper offers great organic, mid-range voicing, naturally extended highs, and a warm bottom end. Even though this wire is solid core, it still has great durability and will last for a long time if properly cared for.

High purity silver offers absolute detail and top end resolution as well as pin point imaging, great for the detail freak. However, the downside of this wire is that occasionally it can make a system sound a little too analytical if placed in the wrong system. Another downside is durability. I use dual Teflon encased solid core high purity silver so it's much more durable than the regular silver wire you normally see but it still isn't as durable as something like the stranded silver coated copper wire.

The silver coated copper wire on the other hand doesn't have the best mid-range or the most detailed top end however, what it does have is great neutrality, detailed but not excessive highs, and tight, tight bass. It's a great all rounder and offers great value for the money. My personal favorite is high purity copper and I use it for all my personal cables but ymmv. Please let me know if you have any other questions."

I would PM him if you have any specific questions. He must never sleep, because I was still writing at 0300 this AM...

Oct 22, 2007 at 11:31 PM Post #11 of 13
Thanks alot, you just defined exactly what I needed to be defined thank you very much. In that case I will go with the Cryo because I was a little worried that it would not improve the highs.

Thanks again Head-fi Nation

Izzy

Oct 23, 2007 at 12:07 AM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigizzy75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks alot, you just defined exactly what I needed to be defined thank you very much. In that case I will go with the Cryo because I was a little worried that it would not improve the highs.

Thanks again Head-fi Nation

Izzy

Credit to David (Skyline889) for these descriptions...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back