ALO - Authorized Audio Technica Dealer
Feb 10, 2008 at 6:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11
Im pretty happy to announce that ALO is now a Authorized Audio Technica Dealer. At this time I plan to only carry the W5000s and the ATH-ANC7s Quietpoint noise canceling headphones.

I wanted to carry the Audio Technica noise canceling headphones because I felt like they were a very very good noise canceling headphone. I got to try them at the CES show and really loved how they removed all the noise at the show and the wonderful sound from top to bottom while not sounding honky.

I am also testing a removable headphone cable seen in the photo below. The cable is a deal MAKER for this wonderful headphone.

While one can find these headphones for less that the $219 I sell them for but they will not be a authorized ATH dealer or a Head-fi sponsor.

# ATH-ANc7 QuietPoint™ noise canceling headphones feature ANC circuitry effectively reduces environmental noise by up to 85%
# Lightweight, compact design is ideal for travel
# Use for MP3, CD, DVD and in-flight entertainment systems: remove detachable cable for noise canceling function without audio
# Closed-back design feature large aperture 40mm drivers with neodymium magnets
# Audio functions (in passive mode) even without the battery
# Fully intergrated electronics-no external modules needed
# Frequency response: 10-25,000Hz
# QuietPoint™ active noise reduction up to 20dB
# Impedance: 260 ohms
# Includes 1m extension cord and carrying pouch

ath7-box.jpg

ath7-case.jpg

ath7.jpg

ath7-ALOcable.jpg

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Feb 10, 2008 at 11:34 AM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very nice.
eek.gif

Do they sound noticeably better when amped?

# Impedance: 260 ohms

I would think so..

PS- Congrats again on another achievment for ALO KB

Feb 10, 2008 at 4:51 PM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by soundfreq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what about the w5000? do you sell them recabled already?

Hey SF,

I have re cabled the W5000s and yes I am going to offer them for sale new and recabled. IMO the stock W5000 are in need of some bottom end. While they are amazing in the detail, resolve, clarity and imaging department the bass is weak. Enter the JenaLabs 18 AWG (larger wire) Cryo Ultra wire which ALWAYS adds midrange and bottom end response to a headphone. The last time I re cabled a W5000 I used the smaller 22G stuff and while a improvement for the W5000 I felt it was not enough. So I am going to try the 18G stuff here very soon and report back later.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Feb 10, 2008 at 4:58 PM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very nice.
eek.gif

Do they sound noticeably better when amped?

Yeah! these guys crave juice, perfect for us amp users. It was a unexpected surprise when I first tried a pair, they are pretty sweet. Also I like the build quality of them, and the semi hard case they come. Very nice. I was using them in my shop yesterday while using a drill and I could barely hear the drill or my shipping person nagging me!
smily_headphones1.gif

I am just waiting for my shipment of special mini plugs so I can make the detachable cable for them in numbers. When I get the re cable made the cable will be bought at a reduced price when buying the ANC7s from ALO.

Ken

Feb 10, 2008 at 5:08 PM Post #7 of 11

Feb 11, 2008 at 6:54 AM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by KB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey SF,

I have re cabled the W5000s and yes I am going to offer them for sale new and recabled. IMO the stock W5000 are in need of some bottom end. While they are amazing in the detail, resolve, clarity and imaging department the bass is weak. Enter the JenaLabs 18 AWG (larger wire) Cryo Ultra wire which ALWAYS adds midrange and bottom end response to a headphone. The last time I re cabled a W5000 I used the smaller 22G stuff and while a improvement for the W5000 I felt it was not enough. So I am going to try the 18G stuff here very soon and report back later.

Ken

thanks ken. will look forward to it.

Feb 12, 2008 at 3:00 AM Post #9 of 11
wow, those quietpoints look hot when you combo it with the cable. How long will it tkae you to have the cables ready. Are you planning on bundling the cable with the headphone? looking foward to them when the cables are ready xP , how does it sound with the cable? I would expect it to be very warm

Feb 14, 2008 at 10:36 AM Post #11 of 11
Ken,

Sorry if this question is premature, but do you have a ball-park price for the cables for the ANC7's yet? The reason I ask is that a friend has a pair for sale, so I'm considering them for airline travel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back