ALO Au/Ag Series Line Out Dock
Dec 13, 2007 at 11:15 PM Post #4 of 28
I have this dock, but can't compare it to anything other than the Bling Bling dock as that is the only other I have heard. It really makes great music compared to the BB dock...

Jan 14, 2008 at 7:23 AM Post #7 of 28
no more input????

Jan 14, 2008 at 3:44 PM Post #8 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by ninja95 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have this dock, but can't compare it to anything other than the Bling Bling dock as that is the only other I have heard. It really makes great music compared to the BB dock...

The AuAg dock is slightly warmer to my assessments, its also has some resistance to future tarnishing of the silver wire. I have yet to notice any effect of tarnishing on the silver wire however.

kb

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Jan 14, 2008 at 10:54 PM Post #10 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gnoshroom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ken, is the Au/Ag sleeved with Teflon to help further prevent corrosion?

No...or atleast, probably not.

Quote:

ALO pushing the sonic envelope yet again with the ALO SCD Au/Ag Series cable. We take a our special 20 gauge solid silver wire and have it coated in 24K pure gold in our lab. This wire is pushed though extra thick 100% natural cotton and to yield the guts of a cable unparalleled in sonic capabilities. The treatment gives the silver tarnish stability and adds a warming effect to the sonics.

Unless you look at the lisa ICs which are coated with teflon....the descriptions are different in every section where the AuAg is available...

Jan 14, 2008 at 11:59 PM Post #11 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by KB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The AuAg dock is slightly warmer to my assessments, its also has some resistance to future tarnishing of the silver wire. I have yet to notice any effect of tarnishing on the silver wire however.

kb

Tarnishing of silver wire shouldn't be a big deal. Silver Sulfate shouldn't really affect audio properties from silver in the chemical sense, IE doesn't change from the normal conductor properties.

From ALOAudio:
ALOaudio - Audio Line Out: Interconnect cables and portable line out docks for iPod

Don't get confused by what they call it, its silver sulfate, not silver oxide. That doesn't happen naturally I don't believe.

EDIT: Just purchased the LISA III Au/Ag cable. I will be able to report a little later on it.

Jan 15, 2008 at 6:53 AM Post #12 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gnoshroom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ken, is the Au/Ag sleeved with Teflon to help further prevent corrosion?

No the cable is pushed in a extra thick 100% natural cotton tube. No Teflon or PVC.

kb

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Jan 16, 2008 at 1:22 AM Post #13 of 28
Quote:

No the cable is pushed in a extra thick 100% natural cotton tube. No Teflon or PVC.

kb

Ken,

How is this cable compare with your ALO Jumbo 2 Cryo X 2 Silver
ALOJumboCryoXSilver12.jpg

I currently have this one. What would be the difference?
confused.gif

Jan 16, 2008 at 5:28 AM Post #14 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by udeupa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ken,

How is this cable compare with your ALO Jumbo 2 Cryo X 2 Silver
ALOJumboCryoXSilver12.jpg

I currently have this one. What would be the difference?
confused.gif

That one you have is going to be more durable, have a rich midrange, be very full, tight bass and warm with out loosing the top end detail. The Au/Ag has a slightly larger soundstage, is more open and slightly better imaging.

Its rather difficult for me to be flowery enough (articulate) to really make a good assessment for people. I know it when I hear it, right away but have trouble putting it into words.

Ken

Jan 16, 2008 at 7:31 AM Post #15 of 28
Quote:

The Au/Ag has a slightly larger soundstage, is more open and slightly better imaging.

this is the reason why i got this lod, as i listen more to trance, downtempo and ambient music. i noticed this from my previous quables lod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back