almost had a heart attack.....
Feb 16, 2010 at 9:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

cck5

500+ Head-Fier
heard some rattling or something sounded lose when the bass would go on with my left ear of my grados this morning with the first two songs, i played, and than i replayed both songs and it was only there with one, and than i played like 50 songs and they all were fine, but the one was still bad, and than i blew into the driver and now its gone, guess i got dust in them, never leaving them in a drawer again...

was literally fearing having no cans while i had to send these back and ive only had them for 2 weeks.

Feb 16, 2010 at 9:44 PM Post #2 of 18
oh man i know your fear

i put my RE0's in and i noticed a slight buzz when a song got fast, on all songs. I cleaned them, changed tips, did everything and it didnt go away. I was getting frustrated. I changed out the filters they have an the problem finally went away
smily_headphones1.gif
but losing my favorite pair of headphones if it was only for a week would just suck :\

Feb 16, 2010 at 9:48 PM Post #4 of 18
im still literally listening as hard as i can to see if there is truly a problem. despite only hearing it on 2 songs and none others. and not hearing it now.

Feb 16, 2010 at 9:49 PM Post #5 of 18
lol i had a dream last night that i was searching for iems to play a show with and was freaking out. lol. yeah audiophile with not enogh money to be one.

Feb 16, 2010 at 10:04 PM Post #6 of 18
Dont put you're precious cans in a drawer. You'll be a little dusty too when left in a closed drawer overnight
tongue.gif

I do know your fear though.
Had a click/rattle in my DT880 once. Luckily it was the crappy dvd rom of my pc i used for cd's. Once i got a decent transport it was gone completely.

Feb 16, 2010 at 10:12 PM Post #7 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stitch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dont put you're precious cans in a drawer. You'll be a little dusty too when left in a closed drawer overnight
tongue.gif

I do know your fear though.
Had a click/rattle in my DT880 once. Luckily it was the crappy dvd rom of my pc i used for cd's. Once i got a decent transport it was gone completely.

lol.yea wont be doing that anymore.and prob gonna take a walk in thew wind to maybe air them out.

Feb 16, 2010 at 10:35 PM Post #8 of 18
You could always get a foodsaver and vacuum seal them every night.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 16, 2010 at 10:37 PM Post #9 of 18
i think thats a bit much, considering ive never had this problem before. and wont again because i wont be putting them into places like that anymore.

Feb 16, 2010 at 11:08 PM Post #12 of 18
and it was strange sounded like the bass was broken, it was buzzing and rattling.scared the crap out of me.

Feb 17, 2010 at 2:22 AM Post #14 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by beamthegreat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Same thing happened to my HD 595!

so apparently this is quite common.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back