Alleviate Symptoms of Tinnitus, Part II
Nov 1, 2008 at 6:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

nuphones

Head-Fier
OK, in an earlier thread, I posted some instructions for how to alleviate tinnitus. While some thought it looked silly, and refused to try, many of those who did, found it effective.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/all...nnitus-373389/

Here is another way of alleviating symptoms. Try this. Simply rub your temples, not directly above your ears, but above and slightly to the front. You should not be rubbing bone but the muscles connected to your jaw.

Experiment with different techniques. I've tried circular motions, as well as just rubbing down repeatedly a few times.

When I tried it this morning, it immediately alleviated symptoms and made it quieter.

Even now with earplugs (the inexpensive but highly effective variety), any noise is not very intrusive at all.

Good luck. And report back.

Nov 1, 2008 at 6:57 PM Post #2 of 6
It really depends on the cause of tinnitus in the 1st place. If it is caused by TMJ disorder like me, this may be pretty effective, even for alleviating the symtoms of TMJ migraines. Another problem with TMJ is it makes it harder to get a seal with IEMs for the side with the problem.

Nov 1, 2008 at 8:04 PM Post #4 of 6
it's weird because the only time i had this was when i was a kid & was in total silence. so i say just take yourself away from music for a while, but don't be in total silence (ha! since is deafening!?). i don't know why this would be.

Nov 4, 2008 at 9:34 PM Post #5 of 6
Prevention's Healing with Vitamins Tinnitus

Beta Carotene, which the body breaks down to Vitamin A, Vitamin B12 and Vitamin E are all supposed to alleviate symptoms of tinnitus.

Gingko Biloba is supposed to assist with blood flow, which can potentially assist in alleviating tinnitus.

The doctor quoted in the website link says you should supplement with specific vitamins in addition to getting a daily multivitamin. I'm starting up right away.

Here's a link on how vitamin e can improve both hearing as well as reducing tinnitus symptoms:

http://scitation.aip.org/getabs/serv...cvips&gifs=yes

Nov 5, 2008 at 2:37 AM Post #6 of 6
Thanks for all your help trying to increase awareness of the cause and treatment if tinnitus. I will try some of these remedies, but mine may have been caused by a life saving course of Vancomycin antibiotic in 2002, resulting in permanent nerve damage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back