Allergic reaction to new Grado SR225i ear pads?
Feb 20, 2014 at 9:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ball3901

New Head-Fier
Hello all.  New to the forum, and new to headphones.  I have been enjoying quality music for years with various speaker setups from Von Schweikert and Dali to Dynaudio, Usher and Martin Logan.  But nothing has brought me more enjoyment lately than these relatively cheap set of headphones. 

My only problem is the burning rash on my ears after extended listening.  It seems I am allergic to the material in the ear pads.  Does anyone know what these ear pads are made of, and are there perhaps any options in replacing or treating them, rather than needing different headphones? I hope I can figure something out, as I love their sound!

Feb 21, 2014 at 2:03 AM Post #3 of 4
Those pads use three different kinds of foam so it would be tough to tell which is which, there are some pads by a company called "EarZonk" that might work though, and they are on Amazon.

I prefer the Sennheiser HD414 pads to the stock ones myself.

Feb 21, 2014 at 3:06 AM Post #4 of 4
You should be able to do what you can do with S-cushions. Soak overnight (8-12 hours) in lukewarm water with a little mild liquid baby soap. Rinse gently but thoroughly several times in cold water. Set out to dry on a towel (4-5 hours for S-cushions, probably longer for L-cushions). Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back