All things Metrum Acoustics
May 3, 2021 at 4:22 AM Post #1,051 of 1,451
just talked to Cees and he told me that the latest Adagio replace the lundahl output trans
to class a design cause the lundahl trans produces some resonance around the 100khz.

just asked about this and... Cees replied: "New Adagio is exactly the same as there is no output stage at all. Dacs
are connected directly to the connectors. The Lundahl is removed in Year 2017 and was in use for the RCA output only"

May 3, 2021 at 7:57 PM Post #1,053 of 1,451
Taking the MQA module popping sound a step further... has anyone noticed a ~1s delay when playing tracks w/ the module in? I was missing the first second of EVERY song with it in, so it came out quickly. Curious if anyone else had that issue.
It’s a known issue on the MQA module. It makes the module almost unusable especially for music that is cut into parts. Given the recent “drama” on MQA I would just leave it out, or better just avoid MQA altogether

May 3, 2021 at 9:14 PM Post #1,055 of 1,451
I am absolutely loving my Amethyst with the DAC3 modules installed. I am using it on my Stax setup, and I couldn't ask for much more. The biggest difference ime over the DAC2 is that the soundstage appears to have gotten a lot wider, relatively speaking. I can only say that I am loving the music coming out of the upgraded rig. I think these Amtehysts are a steal considering current market with the DAC3 upgrade.

May 4, 2021 at 1:30 AM Post #1,056 of 1,451
Taking the MQA module popping sound a step further... has anyone noticed a ~1s delay when playing tracks w/ the module in? I was missing the first second of EVERY song with it in, so it came out quickly. Curious if anyone else had that issue.
I have this in Amethyst but no more in Sonnet Morpheus.

May 17, 2021 at 11:05 AM Post #1,057 of 1,451
are there so few people using the DAC3 modules or are they so happy they cannot stop listening to post their findings :wink: ?

May 17, 2021 at 2:09 PM Post #1,061 of 1,451
Level 3 is not dac 3.

Maybe one of the reasons, I guess, for the small amount of response over the dac upgrade, its lack of promotion by Metrum, as far as there main website is concerned. My invoice was only numbered in the low 40's for my upgrade dacs. I will add that the upgrade for my pavane is excellent.(see earlyer post).

May 17, 2021 at 3:30 PM Post #1,062 of 1,451
Level 3 is not dac 3.

Maybe one of the reasons, I guess, for the small amount of response over the dac upgrade, its lack of promotion by Metrum, as far as there main website is concerned. My invoice was only numbered in the low 40's for my upgrade dacs. I will add that the upgrade for my pavane is excellent.(see earlyer post).
It doesn't help that when I go to their website, there's literally no information posted about DAC3. The only thing I can find on their site says information coming soon, from back in February... No price listed. Nothing. Not a good way to sell a product.

May 17, 2021 at 3:39 PM Post #1,063 of 1,451
It doesn't help that when I go to their website, there's literally no information posted about DAC3. The only thing I can find on their site says information coming soon, from back in February... No price listed. Nothing. Not a good way to sell a product.
They are absolutely not promoting their product, and I think it's intentional. You can't get to the purchase page without the direct link...

I think they don't want to promote them until they run out of DAC2 stock, as they are shipping new units with those DAC2 modules.

May 17, 2021 at 3:54 PM Post #1,064 of 1,451
They are absolutely not promoting their product, and I think it's intentional. You can't get to the purchase page without the direct link...

I think they don't want to promote them until they run out of DAC2 stock, as they are shipping new units with those DAC2 modules.
Thanks for the link!

Interesting that they'll take back the DAC2 modules for a credit. I may have to do this upgrade for my Amethyst.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back