All things Metrum Acoustics
Dec 7, 2022 at 8:36 AM Post #1,231 of 1,451
@lithiumnk what is the max sample rate supported by I2S? is it 384Khz
I’m using HQPlayer currently but limited to 192Khz with my streamer as I use AES.

Dec 19, 2022 at 10:29 AM Post #1,232 of 1,451
@lithiumnk what is the max sample rate supported by I2S? is it 384Khz
I’m using HQPlayer currently but limited to 192Khz with my streamer as I use AES.
Pavane i2s supports upto 384/24. Metrum ambre i2s supports upto 192/24(upper limit of rpi3b). AES & coax supports upto 192/24.

Dec 19, 2022 at 10:32 AM Post #1,233 of 1,451
Pavane i2s supports upto 384/24. Metrum ambre i2s supports upto 192/24(upper limit of rpi3b). AES & coax supports upto 192/24.
Oh ok so we need to replace Pi3b with pi4?

Dec 19, 2022 at 11:14 AM Post #1,234 of 1,451
Oh ok so we need to replace Pi3b with pi4?
No need. Rpi4 is also limited upto 192/24. Only way to play >192khz is via connecting su6 which supports rj45 i2s without any cable modification.

Dec 19, 2022 at 11:17 AM Post #1,235 of 1,451
No need. Rpi4 is also limited upto 192/24. Only way to play >192khz is via connecting su6 which supports rj45 i2s without any cable modification.
Or a Denafrips DDC? They have RJ45 I2S.

Dec 19, 2022 at 11:21 AM Post #1,237 of 1,451
oh ok got it....I can live with 192Khz.I do like how Ambre pairs with Sonnet DAC so dont want to introduce anything new in the chain. I see you have both
How would you compare SU-6 with Ambre?

Dec 19, 2022 at 1:00 PM Post #1,238 of 1,451
What is the quickest way to replace the Ropieee sd card in my Ambre? I just realized that Roon is not recognizing my Ambre as one of my endpoints, and that usually happens when the sd card is corrupted.

It is strange because the blue light on the Ambre is stable. Anyway. I have an SD card on to which I can burn an image, so will the standard RopieeeXL image work if I burn it onto a card and replace the older one with it or would some extra voodoo be required?

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2022 at 2:02 AM Post #1,239 of 1,451
What is the quickest way to replace the Ropieee sd card in my Ambre? I just realized that Roon is not recognizing my Ambre as one of my endpoints, and that usually happens when the sd card is corrupted.

It is strange because the blue light on the Ambre is stable. Anyway. I have an SD card on to which I can burn an image, so will the standard RopieeeXL image work if I burn it onto a card and replace the older one with it or would some extra voodoo be required?
Still looking for a way to burn a Ropieee or RopieeeXl image that works with the Ambre to a Microsd card to replace the one in my Ambre that appears to be corrupted now. If you have a link to such an image that is preconfigured for the Ambre kindly let me know. I would also accept a clone of a Ropieee or RopieeeXL sd card that works with the Ambre. I shall even send the sd card for cloning to anyone who knows how to do that cloning, if necessary. The Ropieee sd card in my Ambre is corrupted and Roon can no longer see the Ambre. I forgot to learn how to clone my sd card when it was working although Cees advised me to do that.more than two years ago.. Oh well... Obviously I need some help replacing this corrupt Ropieee microsd card in order to get my Ambre up and running again,

Dec 21, 2022 at 2:11 AM Post #1,240 of 1,451
Still looking for a way to burn a Ropieee or RopieeeXl image that works with the Ambre to a Microsd card to replace the one in my Ambre that appears to be corrupted now. If you have a link to such an image that is preconfigured for the Ambre kindly let me know. I would also accept a clone of a Ropieee or RopieeeXL sd card that works with the Ambre. I shall even send the sd card for cloning to anyone who knows how to do that cloning, if necessary. The Ropieee sd card in my Ambre is corrupted and Roon can no longer see the Ambre. I forgot to learn how to clone my sd card when it was working although Cees advised me to do that.more than two years ago.. Oh well... Obviously I need some help replacing this corrupt Ropieee microsd card in order to get my Ambre up and running again,

Where are you located?

Dec 21, 2022 at 2:26 AM Post #1,241 of 1,451
Dec 21, 2022 at 3:51 AM Post #1,242 of 1,451
Hi,

Coincidentally, I made an image of my Ambre Ropieee sd card this week (because I replaced it with HifiBerryOS). This is about 8gb, but I don't know where I can upload it to share it with you.
So if you have a suggestion how to share it I will be happy to do that.

Regards, Peter

Dec 21, 2022 at 4:26 AM Post #1,243 of 1,451
Hi,

Coincidentally, I made an image of my Ambre Ropieee sd card this week (because I replaced it with HifiBerryOS). This is about 8gb, but I don't know where I can upload it to share it with you.

Regards, Peter
Peter :You have a PM. Thanks.

Dec 21, 2022 at 5:30 PM Post #1,244 of 1,451
Any more news on new Metrum products? The silence is deafening...

Dec 25, 2022 at 9:13 PM Post #1,245 of 1,451
Hi,

Regards, Peter
Do we have to do any special setting apart from selecting the audio HAT on pi?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back