All things Metrum Acoustics
Jan 31, 2021 at 2:29 PM Post #828 of 1,451
Looks like there are 3 sets of pins next to the transient chips where I’d expect a card to fit. Similar to where the MQA card fits in the adagio (there’s a YouTube video showing that). Now all you have to do is remove all those screws...

Jan 31, 2021 at 2:49 PM Post #829 of 1,451
Looks like there are 3 sets of pins next to the transient chips where I’d expect a card to fit. Similar to where the MQA card fits in the adagio (there’s a YouTube video showing that). Now all you have to do is remove all those screws...
Ha thanks. Fairly easy in the end. That weird pop sound at the beginning of each MQA track is indeed slightly annoying. I guess that’s why the previous owner took it out. Is there any way to eliminate that pop sound?

Attachments

• 5D58A65A-8305-40DC-A8CF-D98ACE3225E8.jpeg
    5D58A65A-8305-40DC-A8CF-D98ACE3225E8.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Feb 9, 2021 at 9:39 PM Post #830 of 1,451
Have to try my luck here, I got an awkward issue with my newly bought Hermes streamer. So here is the thing. The internet outlet of my apartment is in a different room, and I have my router hooked up and sending wifi to my rooms. The Hermes needs LAN in to connect to my local network but I can't hook it up directly to my router since they are in different rooms. My temporary solution is to hook it up with my macbook so that the macbook can share wifi to the streamer via an ethernet cable. But this is not ideal since I basically can't take my macbook anywhere. Anyone has a better solution? I tried to search for something like a wifi receiver with ethernet output but that doesn't seem to exist.

Feb 10, 2021 at 12:28 PM Post #832 of 1,451
Have to try my luck here, I got an awkward issue with my newly bought Hermes streamer. So here is the thing. The internet outlet of my apartment is in a different room, and I have my router hooked up and sending wifi to my rooms. The Hermes needs LAN in to connect to my local network but I can't hook it up directly to my router since they are in different rooms. My temporary solution is to hook it up with my macbook so that the macbook can share wifi to the streamer via an ethernet cable. But this is not ideal since I basically can't take my macbook anywhere. Anyone has a better solution? I tried to search for something like a wifi receiver with ethernet output but that doesn't seem to exist.

You need one of these:

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/home-networking/3g-usb-adapter/tl-wr902ac/

There's a switch on side to select client. Add it to your WIFI network and off you go.

Feb 10, 2021 at 12:32 PM Post #833 of 1,451
Ha thanks. Fairly easy in the end. That weird pop sound at the beginning of each MQA track is indeed slightly annoying. I guess that’s why the previous owner took it out. Is there any way to eliminate that pop sound?

Have you messaged them to ask? Perhaps better to get it from the horse's mouth.

Feb 10, 2021 at 7:10 PM Post #835 of 1,451
I use so called power line Ethernet adapters from manufacturer Devolo. Very good, reliable. Better solution than Wi-Fi extender.

No. Power line noise is an RF nightmare. Avoid.

Feb 10, 2021 at 9:08 PM Post #836 of 1,451
Feb 10, 2021 at 9:34 PM Post #837 of 1,451
Feb 11, 2021 at 10:32 AM Post #840 of 1,451
Not in my experience. I use PS Audio Dectet in between power line adapter and audio chain.

I am also an amateur radio operator; they are noisy RF wise.

I've just googled that product you use, it looks like that might reduce the impact nicely.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back