All the information on this site is great, but.......
Apr 27, 2007 at 3:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

MetalManCPA

500+ Head-Fier
.....WOULD SOMEBODY JUST TELL ME TO STOP ALREADY AND BE HAPPY WITH WHAT I HAVE
280smile.gif
!! [size=medium]Geesh[/size]

I don't feel I'm as bad as many here, but that's a relative thing. For me and my economic situation, I'm bad.

It took me some time, but I finally had the "perfect" portable set-up for me - iPod 5G 30gig video, PA2V2 amp, and Future Sonics EM3's. Great sound.

I thought I was fine, then I guess one morning I woke up sick with the bug.

Next thing I know, I have an 80gig 5G iPod video iPod because I justify that my 30gig was filled up with 4,800 songs and 20 music videos but my computer has 6,000+ songs and 80 music videos that need a home, as well as many CD's to rip and carry.
blink.gif

Next thing I know, I have a MiniBox-D amp because I justify that the MiniBox-D is smaller and thinner than the PA2V2 and even better for carrying around.
rolleyes.gif

Next thing I know, I have Future Sonics Atrio M5's because I justify that I love the sound signature of the Future Sonics EM3's, and that their new higher level entry could only be better.
basshead.gif

Within less than a year, I have upgraded my "I'm 100% satisfied with my portable set-up" with a whole new portable set-up, which means I have a 30gig iPod video and a PA2V2 amp just sitting on a shelf (the Future Sonics EM3's made it into my PSP case). So why do I come back here and read/research about Xin or Tomahawk amps. Why? Why?

Apr 27, 2007 at 3:10 PM Post #2 of 11
Because you believe in magic.

Apr 27, 2007 at 3:24 PM Post #6 of 11
There are far worse places on the internet to get hooked into spending time and money~ And once the audiophile improvement bug hits , IT NEEDs THE FIX!!!

I found myself hoarding equiptment too, justified as in house comparisons and then as backups...

But yeah, sell off what doesn't get used, as Skylab has stated as his policy (rollseyes), O.K. maybe he's not a good example, but you get the idea....

I can't get over the improvements to my system with a DAC upgrade...lol

I hear resistance IS futile......Give in......

Hope this helps, to enable you to do the right thing here~
wink.gif

Apr 27, 2007 at 3:45 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalManCPA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't feel I'm as bad as many here, but that's a relative thing.

In other words, "I'm not as crazy as people who have been locked up in the asylum for years. No. I'm more like the people who have been locked up for only months."

The best cure I've found for upgraditis: get the price of the Desired Object; divide price by 4; withdraw that much cash from ATM; proceed to record store; buy music.
smily_headphones1.gif
(Either that, or just scratch the itch and buy the thing.) (Er, wait, I didn't just say that. Sorry.)

Apr 27, 2007 at 4:15 PM Post #11 of 11
Those upgrades sound really miniscule in step-size. You need to think a little bigger when you upgrade! Or if you continue on the road you are on then your wallet will truly be a sad panad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back