All-round/directional headphones
Apr 2, 2010 at 7:49 PM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by sardinemaster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please give me your impressions as well!

I was looking for a place to get the AD700 and everywhere I look (I live in France), they are 149€, which really is more than I would have thought, looking at their prices in the US.
Does someone know where I can buy these headphones cheaply in France? (Paris preferably).

Thanks again.

That is too bad, I see the HD555 for 95€ on Amazon.fr. Hope you can find a better deal on the AD700.

Apr 2, 2010 at 8:07 PM Post #17 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by sardinemaster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Obviously I would like to hear my piano in the best conditions, but I am not willing to "lose" any quality in other types of music or *especially* directionality. Will this be the case? And as they are closed, I get the impression that they "press" against your head; after a few hours are they still comfortable? *EDIT: Sorry I just noticed the price, and I can't afford such headphones, so they are out of the race*

Also, I forgot to mention something very important in my original post (which I know added), I am running off my laptop soundcard (SIGMATEL STAC 92XX C-Major HD). Would this change any of your headphone proposals?

Finally, can someone compare the AD700's with the HD555? Due to the price, these are the ones I think will best suit me. Again, personal preference is always nice, but even if someone can just break it down for me. Or is there something even better?

Thank you very much for all your input.

We all hate compromises. We want it all for virtually nothing. But your system is already heavy compromised by your onboard audio so you will not find something that does it all for that price. It all depends what your budget and needs are of course.

Pro 900 is out of the question definiatly unless you want to upgrade your source anyway.

DT 770 Pro 80 ohms is an ok compromise except for investigating cheaper ultrasones or Audio technicas perhaps.

Apr 2, 2010 at 8:31 PM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by oqvist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We all hate compromises. We want it all for virtually nothing. But your system is already heavy compromised by your onboard audio so you will not find something that does it all for that price. It all depends what your budget and needs are of course.

Pro 900 is out of the question definiatly unless you want to upgrade your source anyway.

DT 770 Pro 80 ohms is an ok compromise except for investigating cheaper ultrasones or Audio technicas perhaps.

What do you think of the Audio technica ATH-AD700? This is the one I am thinking of buying.

Apr 2, 2010 at 9:18 PM Post #19 of 19
Haven´t heard that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back