All right, severely reduced budget
Feb 4, 2010 at 1:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

metllicamilitia

100+ Head-Fier
Unfortunately I won't have as much as I thought I would. My tax return won't be as much as I thought it would and some unexpected expenses have come up. But I can budget for about $250USD for a new mp3 that can play lossless files and hold on my music in lossless.

But as for the earphones go, with the $250 for the mp3 player taken out, I will have about $365USD for new earphones.

But I'm sure I can reduce my mp3 player budget and get a decent used one. But I would say $400USD is about my max and that has to include shipping as well. So any help is appreciated.

Again, I listen to music varying from Paul Simon to Dark Tranquillity and I loved the sound of the SA6's with the extended treble tips and the bass + ports.

Feb 4, 2010 at 3:44 AM Post #2 of 5
For that money you might consider getting a triple.fi 10 and customizing it (might run you $250-270), then maybe getting an amp or something.

Or, you could get a pair of those CK10s that seem to be getting a lot of love these days.

Or, you could look in the for sale forum for someone selling their customs (I think I saw a thread about a pair of Livewires trips a few days ago) and get them reshelled.

Feb 4, 2010 at 3:50 AM Post #3 of 5
for $400 you pretty much can get any universal iem and $200 is plenty to spend on a good player if you want a dap thats music only without those fancy features.

I would suggest you look at the higher models (IE8, TF10, W3, UM3X, etc) and look at which one would best suit your music preference as well as the ways you would use it. I say this because I have no idea what the SA6 sounds like but it sounds like you want one that would adapt well to many different types of genres.

Feb 4, 2010 at 4:32 AM Post #4 of 5
Thanks for the replies, definitely some stuff to check out, just looking at SoundEarphones and Head-Direct, the earphones that I've heard a lot about and can afford are,

Westone (UM1, UM2 or UM3)
Future Sonics (not sure which model specifically, but I can afford any of them on SE)
Phonak Audeo (PFE11, PFE112, PFE121 and PFE122)
Sennheiser IE6 and IE7
Shure SE420 and below
Head-Direct RE0

But now I'll check out those other suggestions.

Feb 4, 2010 at 8:34 PM Post #5 of 5
You can at $365 you can afford about any universal--keep shopping. The TF10s are a little FOTM, but they really are good phones.

BTW, the Future Sonics M-Series phones differ only in color.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back