All right, it's time for my big push! (Long, but I need the Help.)
Dec 31, 2002 at 3:38 AM Post #106 of 119
eek.gif

*Tear*

Congratulations! No, wait...
You aren't going to change your mind again, are you?
Well... if you do... no, you won't.
rolleyes.gif

Dec 31, 2002 at 3:44 AM Post #107 of 119
Well, I don't know. If some one were to drop an HA-2 and some A1000s in my lap I just *might* be in trouble again..
rolleyes.gif
But what are the chances of that?

Dec 31, 2002 at 11:26 AM Post #109 of 119
I am REAL disappointed, DW. I thought you were going to become the first poster with 1000+ posts never to have owned a set of headphones. Are you sure you won't reconsider?

Dec 31, 2002 at 12:19 PM Post #110 of 119
DarkWolf is my favorite fellow newbie and it was so interesting to be able to follow his development from a total rookie to probably one of the most experienced newcomers around - and all that without having his own quality headphones. I shared his doubts, hesitations, thrill and excitemet wholeheartedly. I mean, just look at me - registered January 2002 and yet to receive his very first pair of good cans (DT250) in couple of weeks. Talk about the wait and anxiety.
rolleyes.gif

HA-1/hd590 is the combo I hoped from the start you would go for, DW. Since you liked them very much directly outta portable, I`m absolutely sure you will love, worship and fully recommend this combo in in your next 1500 posts.

good luck

Dec 31, 2002 at 1:25 PM Post #111 of 119
Thanks miroslav. You are very likely correct, between the crappy conditions at Tweeter, the popularity of the Corda amps, and my high opinnion of my soundcard, I should be in mutch better shape.

Dec 31, 2002 at 7:09 PM Post #112 of 119
Quote:

Originally posted by DarkWolf
Thanks to everyon's help, the long voley of n00b quesions from DarkWolf are comming to an end, as I'll be joining the ranks.
cool.gif

I'll believe it when I see it!!
biggrin.gif

Seriously, welcome to the ranks of head-fi folks who actually own headphones DW!! Now you'll really hear what we've been talking about all along. Make sure you let us know once you get all the stuff in and start enjoying it.

Congrats!!

Dec 31, 2002 at 10:49 PM Post #114 of 119
Give em to your girlfriend.

And if you don't have one, you soon will; those 590s are mighty stylish!
wink.gif

Dec 31, 2002 at 11:09 PM Post #115 of 119
I hope your right trounce, a girl friend would be pretty nice. No wally, I'm going to keep the RatShack cans around for a while. I'm goign to cut my self off from them once I have the 590s so that I won't A/B them. A/Bing seems to be a bad idea for me
rolleyes.gif
After I've gotten good and used to the 590s, I'll try the old ones and see what I think.

Jan 1, 2003 at 2:51 AM Post #117 of 119
Quote:

Originally posted by Suedama
I am REAL disappointed, DW. I thought you were going to become the first poster with 1000+ posts never to have owned a set of headphones. Are you sure you won't reconsider?

that's harsh.
wink.gif

Anyway, congrats Darkwolf. Considering how much you liked the 590s, I'm sure the corda/590 combo will serve you well. Congrats, and let the waiting begin!

Jan 1, 2003 at 2:59 AM Post #118 of 119
Quote:

Originally posted by wallijonn
DW,

are you going to give your Radio Shack headphones to charity, use them for parts, a door stop or paperweight?

I thought the best idea would be to send them to you for possible modification
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Seriously, DW, welcome aboard. I have the Corda--you're getting one serious amp there. Good way to start the New Year!

Jan 1, 2003 at 5:34 AM Post #119 of 119
LOL!

the only headphones that i couldn't mod were the ad10s. luckily Greg took them off my hands before i threw them in the trash. i hope he can find A900 or A1000 drivers for them.

so yeah, DW, send them to me. and i'll see what i can do.
wink.gif

PS.

everytime i read the thread title, i think that you're going into labour.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back