All of you having Iphone headphone woes Easy Solution in here
Jul 2, 2007 at 3:14 AM Post #17 of 28
interestingly enough, i don't believe either of those devices have 3.5mm stereo jacks, so they will also require an adapter.

(neither of those devices are marketed with mp3 playing as a priority either, but in this situation - they were being described as replacements)

Jul 2, 2007 at 5:16 AM Post #18 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by zip22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
interestingly enough, i don't believe either of those devices have 3.5mm stereo jacks, so they will also require an adapter.

(neither of those devices are marketed with mp3 playing as a priority either, but in this situation - they were being described as replacements)

I don't think either of those devices have 8 gig's of memory or a 2mp camera either, much less a touch screen or a competent web browser

Jul 2, 2007 at 6:21 AM Post #19 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hopefully apple will "correct" this for the next run of iphones.

We're talking about the company that sells an A/V cable for its iPod video. This "problem" was no oversight.

Off-topic: when your profile says "Parts Unknown, Canada," which unknown part are we speaking of?

Jul 2, 2007 at 3:46 PM Post #20 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by joneeboi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We're talking about the company that sells an A/V cable for its iPod video. This "problem" was no oversight.

a) how else were they supposed to connect the ipod to the tv?
b) apple is not the company producing the adapter.

Jul 2, 2007 at 9:31 PM Post #21 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by zip22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
a) how else were they supposed to connect the ipod to the tv?
b) apple is not the company producing the adapter.

I guess he's expecting Apple to bundle the A/V cable with the iPod....

While I don't know about that (you don't need a TV to watch videos on the iPod), I do think they should at least bundle the headphone adapter, if they make the headphone port flush with the iPhone.

Jul 2, 2007 at 11:01 PM Post #22 of 28
check out what someone did (this might already be posted somewhere around here)

shure/apple hybrid, mic and clicker supposedly works

attachment.php

Jul 3, 2007 at 12:36 AM Post #24 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmy_t /img/forum/go_quote.gif
check out what someone did (this might already be posted somewhere around here)

shure/apple hybrid, mic and clicker supposedly works

attachment.php

Wow that looks awesome. I might just wait to purchase an extension with the clicker and mic, but having the mic close to the earphones like this is ideal. btw, i tried using the ibuds today and they were worse than i could possibly imagine. i have no idea how people wear those things.

Jul 4, 2007 at 1:53 PM Post #25 of 28
Many thanks to kelvinz for sharing this insight! I was just about to buy a Belkin adapdtor, but parring down my se530 extention cable is far more elegant solution.

Thanks again.

Bill

Jul 5, 2007 at 1:31 AM Post #26 of 28
hmm...I want to know that guy so I can recable my shures.

Jul 5, 2007 at 6:15 AM Post #27 of 28
Just an update: I took a utility knife to my er6i's this afternoon and cut off the jack by accident.
basshead.gif

j/k, actually it was a simple procedure that only took a few mins. I just removed the plastic ring at the base of the jack. With those extra 2mms it now it fits perfectly in the iphone. This should hold me over until more 3rd party headphones/adapters are released with the mic and clicker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back