All New Zeppelin Remasters in 2013!
Dec 14, 2012 at 10:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

Redcarmoose

Headphoneus Supremus
http://ultimateclassicrock.com/jimmy-page-new-led-zeppelin-remasters/

Actually guys, there have been vinyl Zep remasters completely different from the 94 CD box set, the vinyl all in one box set, as well as the Classic Records 200 gram records. These remasters are also nothing like the Mobile Fidelity remasters either!! As I remember right, there was three made and released for sale. I actually heard Houses of the Holy on a nice rig and it was totally amazing.

All I can tell you is that yes, there are truly better ways to hear Led Zeppelin. The legend is that a couple records were made and Jimmy Page stopped the process, most likely for what you can read about above, which is will be in our hands soon! He just didn't like the start of the remaster process in it's infancy with the vinyl releases a couple years ago.

Records were already made and released in very limited audiophile pressings.

I have seen the Physical Graffiti (1975) remaster and heard Houses of the Holy (1973) remaster from the discontinued set, amazing as it was, at a fellow Head-Fi member's place back in 2010.

All I can say is Houses of the Holy was truly a special experience. There are very small details in every aspect which somehow have never made it into what we currently judge as good. There are so many new details which really do exist which have been recorded at the original recording level and could be brought back with a correct remaster and play back device. I have heard it!

As we saw with Mother-ship as well as the 180 gram remasters of The Song Remains The Same, Jimmy Page totally has both the tapes and industry connections to deliver a first rate audiophile product. It's exciting as I am truly sure they will get us audiophile vinyl and digital, most likely 24/96 in Blue-Ray Audio, like Celebration Day, of the complete recordings.

The question for me is if the masters are truly there to make the rest of the stuff sound as good or better than the Houses of the Holy disk I heard. Only time will tell.

Dec 16, 2012 at 9:08 AM Post #3 of 34
Yeah, I'd love to know if there are significantly better than the CDs from the 1980s. I've always been skeptical about remasters but the difference between the Legacy Edition of Bitched Brew and my old double disc CD from the 1980s was quite night and day. If the new Led Zep remasters are that much of an improvement, then they are definitely worth the money!

Dec 20, 2012 at 1:09 AM Post #4 of 34
It would be hard to get worse sound than the LZ complete box.

Dec 20, 2012 at 9:35 PM Post #5 of 34
Quote:
It would be hard to get worse sound than the LZ complete box.

Agreed. That's why I'll ditch my Zeppelin CD complete collection for the remasters when they're released. And I might add: IT IS ABOUT FREAKIN' TIME!!!

Dec 21, 2012 at 4:18 AM Post #6 of 34
Quote:
Agreed. That's why I'll ditch my Zeppelin CD complete collection for the remasters when they're released. And I might add: IT IS ABOUT FREAKIN' TIME!!!

I've been waiting a long time for these remasters!

Dec 21, 2012 at 4:31 AM Post #7 of 34
Lets hope they reintroduce the brief snippets of conversation, coughs and whispered songs that have been digitally zapped from all subsequent releases after Barry Diament's amazing work!. 

Dec 21, 2012 at 8:30 PM Post #8 of 34
Quote:

I've been waiting a long time for these remasters!

beerchug.gif

Dec 22, 2012 at 3:24 AM Post #9 of 34
This is some good news. Myself I think the Mothership LPs are done very well. If these new ones are just as good or better I will be buying them.

Dec 22, 2012 at 2:56 PM Post #10 of 34
Dec 22, 2012 at 11:29 PM Post #13 of 34
Dec 22, 2012 at 11:45 PM Post #14 of 34
Everyone's getting LP boxes lately. Doors, Beatles, Who. Now Zep. 

They're killin' me. 

Well, about to drop the needle on my recently bought original master of 'Song Remains the Same'. I've got a few good things to hold my Zep cravings over.

Quote:
Quote:
LP Box? Please?
[/quoteJjust like the Beatles box set out this year it's almost an expensive given at this point.

Dec 23, 2012 at 4:42 AM Post #15 of 34
Quote:
Everyone's getting LP boxes lately. Doors, Beatles, Who. Now Zep. 

They're killin' me. 

Well, about to drop the needle on my recently bought original master of 'Song Remains the Same'. I've got a few good things to hold my Zep cravings over.

I had a Foreign Exchange Student girlfriend who purchased that record for me when the movie came out! The memories! That is still one of my favorite albums of all time. The 4 disk vinyl LP 180 gram remaster from 09 is truly a work of art! Buy it if you see it, you will not be let down!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back