All new to me. Input, suggestions, ideas please.
Aug 13, 2011 at 2:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

bennyhaha812

Head-Fier
Hello all!  I purchased my first pair of cans today and would love some advice.  Maybe not the right place to post, so my apologies ahead of time.  I picked up a set of demo Grado RS1 at my local audiophile store today for $425 with full manufacturer warranty and have been in audio bliss the remainder of the day!  My questions are many, so I will just list them and be done with it.  Thanks for your input!

-Currently play music on my ipod with an extensive library of various quality, headphones definitely expose poorer quality files.  Where can I download great quality music?
-Should I be using a DAC?  Would I run my files from computer to DAC?  What about ipod --->DAC? What are some decent units in the $500-750 range?
-I plan on buying an amp as my next piece to my audio listening setup, currently I am interested in the MAD ear+, for Grado owners is this a solid match in the price range, or are there other amps out there around $700 usd that would work better?  I have seen info on Creek, Woo audio, Music Hall, or the Little dot.

Thanks again for any input!!  :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back