All-in-one solution?
Jun 3, 2004 at 4:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Jose Perez

100+ Head-Fier
Well I'm in the middle of a buying decision here. I currently own an LG cell phone, an older Palm PDA, and a Rio Nitrus but am looking to simplify. I don't use my PDA as much as I would like and I think its mostly because of the inconvenience in carrying a ton of different devices.

So I've been looking for an all-in-one solution and came up with the Kyocera 7135 PDA/phone which would replace the phone, pda, and DAP. I'm thinking that if I sell the Nitrus and buy a 7135 along with a 512MB SD card to store music onto I'd have a decent small storage DAP and then eventually pick up a Karma (or wait for the Karma 2) for a larger storage device. I know the 7135 requires a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter but I can find one online for $6-7. I'd prolly just cut the female end off of the it and put a 3.5mm male plug onto it so I can plug it into my Supermini amp and out to my PX100's. I'd also pick up an extra battery which would run about $10-12 on ebay so I could get more playback time on the 7135.

Anyways I'm looking for feedback from anyone who's played with this device before or any alternative solutions such as a PDA/DAP combo of some sort or PDA/phone combo. I'm currently using Verizon service and plan on keeping them so thats a limiting factor right there. I've seen the 7135's listed on ebay for $300'ish and a new 512MB SD card will run me another $100. Selling the Nitrus should bring in about $125 so there's my budget give or take a few $$.

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back