all I want now is the best comfort
Dec 30, 2021 at 6:10 PM Post #16 of 19
another headphone i have always considered trying out are the ATH M50's. based of the pictures alone, they don't look like they would be as comfortable as everyone says they are. given what i am looking for in comfort, would the ATH M50's be something to bother with? keep in mind, i would want to swap out the pads for velour or suede.

Dec 30, 2021 at 7:07 PM Post #17 of 19
another headphone i have always considered trying out are the ATH M50's. based of the pictures alone, they don't look like they would be as comfortable as everyone says they are. given what i am looking for in comfort, would the ATH M50's be something to bother with? keep in mind, i would want to swap out the pads for velour or suede.
I think the M50x's are plenty comfortable - I did a pad-swap but with a pleather alternative. I also like the sound signature of the M50x's (though not everyone does).

Jan 14, 2022 at 6:57 AM Post #18 of 19
The main thing for headphones (in terms of comfort) is that circumaural (over-ear) are better than on-ear phones, when you're wearing them for a long period of time.
Personally I prefer leather/pleather pads to velour ones.

Jan 14, 2022 at 12:43 PM Post #19 of 19
I don't have the ATH-M50X, but when I was researching I ran across a lot of complaints about the hinge breaking.
https://hingefix.fun/

I also got to try them briefly at a store, and I thought they sounded muddy (didn't like the ATH-M40X either). The ATH-R70X I recommended above are an entirely different construction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back