All I Can Say Is Wow...
Aug 9, 2006 at 3:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Cousin Patty

Headphoneus Supremus
I borrowed the Primus CD Pork Soda from my friend not giving a thought to what the recording quality would be like...I just liked the songs. Well let me just say that I'm really blown away by the quality of this recording. So much space, texture, attack, clarity, intimacy. Ive been listening to this CD on my RS-1's and its just blowing my mind. Theres one song on here that uses mainly drums and xylophones and its recorded so well, It almost sounds binaural in a way. This is a totally unexpected audiophile recording IMO. One of the best rock recordings Ive heard yet in my limited experience with hi-fi headphones. I highly recommend that anybody checks this recording out. Even if you dont like the music, I think it would make a great reference recording.

Oh yeah... dont be shy with the volume!
rs1smile.gif

Aug 11, 2006 at 1:02 AM Post #2 of 2
Yeah, it's a great album. And it's one of those ones that (to me at the time anyway) seemed at first to be their worst (musically and sounding), until a very short time later I realized it was actually maybe their best. Like at first the bass sound seems a bit underproduced and sludgey. Then you realize it's actually just fat as hell. Keep in mind I wasn't really listening to it on high-fi headphones when I was 17 or whatever I was at the time.

Edit: Oh yeah, the cover rules as well:

pork_hi.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back