All D2 users
Jan 29, 2008 at 11:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

janruzinsky

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all. I hope I will get a honest answer:

How long is the average battery life of your D2 using a SD\SDHC card?

Thanks for any info.

j.

Jan 29, 2008 at 11:51 PM Post #2 of 14
I haven't done serious testing, but I listen to data on and off the sd card, about 6 hours a day, and I charge mine once a week.

No EQ, V1 vbr mp3s average bitrate is ~224kbps.

This includes listening with my px100's, UE3's, and sometimes my beyers. I also use it going into my stereo at work at a vol of 45, I'll listen to it that way for 9 hours straight.

In other words, it just doesn't die.

Jan 30, 2008 at 12:00 AM Post #3 of 14
So it seems there is no penalty from listening to music fed off the SD card, as opposed to listening to music off the player's own built in memory.
wink.gif

Jan 30, 2008 at 12:10 AM Post #4 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Amblin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So it seems there is no penalty from listening to music fed off the SD card, as opposed to listening to music off the player's own built in memory.
wink.gif

But there should be a penalty, or not?

Jan 30, 2008 at 12:32 AM Post #5 of 14
reading from an external memory card (SD/SDHC) could increase power consumption. It is probably the case with the D2, but the battery is crazy at 52 hours a charge for audio.

Jan 30, 2008 at 12:35 AM Post #6 of 14
I believe there is a minor hit (from what I read), but it is still over 30 hours of playback time

Jan 31, 2008 at 9:40 AM Post #8 of 14
Are there any other D2 users out there?

Jan 31, 2008 at 2:18 PM Post #9 of 14
i never got more than 36 hours without the sd card - there are other users you can see at iaudiophile forums who experience similar battery dissapointment. actually, the number that actually get over 50 hours is very very few.

i have never used the sd card but i am sure it would be even more exciting! perhaps 24 hours or so

still, a good player though

Jan 31, 2008 at 4:54 PM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i never got more than 36 hours without the sd card - there are other users you can see at iaudiophile forums who experience similar battery dissapointment. actually, the number that actually get over 50 hours is very very few.

i have never used the sd card but i am sure it would be even more exciting! perhaps 24 hours or so

still, a good player though

Incorrect.

There are very few who have reported lower than expected battery life issues over on iaudiophile who did not solve the issue, if you did regularly visit our forums you would know this.

Like I recommended to you when you did post over there you should replace your battery as it is clearly faulty. I did ask you why, if you had never managed to get anywhere near the 52 hr claimed battery life, you did not think your D2 may have a faulty battery but you did not reply.

Like I said over on iAudiophile, i'm sorry you have had issues, but going on 7 months without considering your battery may be faulty is more than a bit ignorant.

-----------------

Now to answer the OP's question, using the SD card and internal memory I got on average ~39hrs. This was using Ogg Vorbis at Q3. Based on 3 tests trials, using FW 2.41.

Jan 31, 2008 at 5:58 PM Post #12 of 14
True. I get above that with my D2, using about half and half (D2 memory and SD card). If you want to know more, head over to the iaudiophile.net forums. Lots of information there.

Feb 1, 2008 at 7:19 AM Post #14 of 14
I have no idea how long it will go. Guess I'll have to set up a test.

This week I flew to Denver, so I listened to about 7 hours of Ogg Vorbis Q8 from the card while I was on the flight and at the hotel. I listened to the FM radio for an hour. I recorded ambient sound at highest quality for about 4 hours. Then I listened to 2 hours of Ogg from the card and watched one hour of a music video from the D2 itself. The battery dropped by one bar for the whole trip.

I bought an extra charger, so I have one at home and work. What a waste of $...

Bottom line is that the battery life is a non-issue for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back