Not bad prices if you ask me

$187 for Zen Sleek 20GB
$149 for Zen Micro 6gb
$187 for Zen Micro Photo 8GB

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....cat75500050005

Nov 16, 2005 at 4:33 PM Post #4 of 16
id say you sound more like a moron than a jew

Nov 20, 2005 at 6:13 AM Post #5 of 16
Just wanted to thank you for posting this thread,Nsx280PS.
I bought a Zen Sleek,at list price ($249.95 on Novemeber 1st) then read of this sale here two weeks later.
I contacted Best Buy and reminded them of their 30-Day Price Protection Policy. They were very nice about it,looked up the transaction in their database,and credited me with the difference and the sales tax.
Your notice saved me $65 and change,so I thank you for that.

Side note: Your handle here: Nsx280Ps; a reference to that elegant Accura design with a german (DIN -Ps) rating for horsepower?

Nov 20, 2005 at 7:44 AM Post #6 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by jlbrach
id say you sound more like a moron than a jew

Nice 7th post on Head-fi. You're sure to make lots of friends making comments like that
plainface.gif

Nov 20, 2005 at 8:23 PM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominode
Your notice saved me $65 and change,so I thank you for that.

Head-Fi put money back in someone's wallet? Wha? Hell must be freezing over as we speak...

Nov 20, 2005 at 9:36 PM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Head Creep
Head-Fi put money back in someone's wallet? Wha? Hell must be freezing over as we speak...

Indeed -- this should be a first for our beloved forum!
wink.gif

Nov 21, 2005 at 5:14 AM Post #9 of 16
Thanks for the laughs! Put money back into my pocket?
blink.gif
Please...Oh please...

I merely wanted to thank Nsx280Ps for his timely notice which enabled me to salvage -not to be confused with "save"- some bucks...
I'm a relative Noob here,but this site and the advice I've gleaned from it has put a serious dent in my budget for another hobby (builiding and overclocking computers),and I don't regret it a bit.

In lieu of a Phase-change system (essentially a compressor which circulates a refrigerant to a block surrounding your computer's processor -which cools the processor core to appx. +/-50 F.,thereby enabling you to run,or overclock that processor at core frequencies vastly in excess of its rated design perimeters -provided you have {Cha-ching- very high quality,very expensive matched RAM -2 Gigs worth,just waiting to be excercised),I bought some Shure E4's.And then some Shure E5's... And then an AE-1 amp (highly recommended),and then a "cheap" stop at Headroom for one of their very well crafted mini-bags to tote whatever I'm toting when I choose to tote "it" around. And I forgot to mention the cheap $15 Cardas 6" mini-to-mini interconnect... The 6" Cardas I ordered measured 8" from elbow to elbow,so I guess I "saved" here,as I was only charged for the price of the 6".
Oh,yeah,forgot to menition the latest indulgence: two sets of UM56's molded for use with the E5's -but I've learned that they work just fine with the E4's,too,-at least on the sound improvement front. Actually the UM56/Shure E4c combo is rather better than fine,it's outstanding. And I didn't want to be paying a lease for my fix of Shure yellow foamies for the E4's,or doing the same for short Westone Comply Canal tips,or spending excess leisure time modding Shure's tri-flanges into shortened and tweaked bi-flanges...
But I digress.
Where was I?
Oh,yeah,saving money after joining this forum?
Ha! Haahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!....................... ........................................

Nov 21, 2005 at 9:05 PM Post #13 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by apnk
I'd go for the Sleek.
icon10.gif

Traitor!

Quote:

Originally Posted by apnk
(Hey Konstantinos, long time no see)

Good to see you apnk! Hope you're fine, and you know you rock
eggosmile.gif
Best wishes from your pal in Greece.

Nov 21, 2005 at 10:02 PM Post #15 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by bbdollar
Wow.. same price for the Zen Sleek, and the Zen Micro Photo. I wonder which I'd rather have?

I was at Best Buy last week and held both in my hands. I like the Zen Sleek at but more as it felt more solid and I found the touchpad slightly easier to use. I was really temped to buy the Sleek and still am for the $187 price.

Does anyone know when this deal runs out?

eggosmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back