All black two pair cable (for a headphone recable)
Apr 18, 2010 at 11:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

suicidal_orange

500+ Head-Fier
I'm going to recable my Denon's as the stock cable arrived twisted and hard (bought them used) but don't want the colourful look of twisted starquad pairs. I might yet steal the jena cable from my Grado's (dead driver
frown.gif
) but I think the copper will clash with the Dark Denon wood so Ideally I'm looking for an all black cable.

The only two pair cable I can find in black inner and outer jackets seems to be Canare MR202-2AT but I'd have to buy 10 meters (33 feet) which is a bit excessive!

Has anyone seen/used another all black cable?

Apr 21, 2010 at 9:40 PM Post #3 of 5
The main thing you want is for the wires to look black right? in that case, you don't have to go with two pair cable. Just go with the regular quad cable, you can always slip some heat shrink over the colored wire. You can also slip on some nylon multiflament to make it look even more appealing.

Apr 27, 2010 at 9:16 PM Post #4 of 5
You don't have to buy paired cable, it's pretty easy to make your own. Just take two stands of wire and twist them together. This is the Y joint of a headphone cable that I made with 30g wire.

P1000104.jpg

Apr 27, 2010 at 11:11 PM Post #5 of 5
Thanks for the ideas, I've got a multifilament covered cable on my K340's and it somehow manages to catch itself on the wood of my desk so it's looking increasingly fuzzy (it's not a rough desk and there is very little actual damage but I know it's there...)

I could braid my own, have for a couple of mini-mini cables but I'm looking to make a 3 meter /10 foot headphone cable and in that length my mind would wander leading to a braiding error. And I haven't seen any black wire in a 20/22g, but if you know of some please post your source (for anyone searching for black wire
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back