All around iems under $150
Mar 8, 2010 at 8:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

2rooi123

1000+ Head-Fier
I was just wondering what would be the best all around iem for any type of music. Got my eyes on Bose IE, Monster Turbine, Rockford Fosgate punch plugs, Klipsch s4, and Hippo VB. Hoping to hear from ya'll soon!

Mar 8, 2010 at 8:42 AM Post #2 of 23
If you can extend that to $200 the Westone 2 is a good all round IEM.

Mar 8, 2010 at 8:53 AM Post #3 of 23
I would say look at the HJE900. They sound good with every single genre I can throw at them, and I listen to just about everything(dance, pop, latin, rock, death metal, classical, soundtracks, rap, r&b, big band, jazz, opera, dnb). They might be a bit harsh at the top at first, but not moreso than the S4 or VBs, from what I've read. They have a slight midbasss hump, but they are not lacking in any part of the sound spectrum. These also have the best overall build quality of any IEM you mentioned, because of the removable cables and cubic zirconium housings.

Mar 8, 2010 at 8:58 AM Post #4 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2rooi123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was just wondering what would be the best all around iem for any type of music. Got my eyes on Bose IE, Monster Turbine, Rockford Fosgate punch plugs, Klipsch s4, and Hippo VB. Hoping to hear from ya'll soon!

That list is all over the place performance-wise with only unifying factor being bass... lots of bass. I've only heard three of those (Turbines, Bose IE, and Klipsch S4) and I think the Panasonic HJE900 is a better all-rounder than all of them if you're also looking for lots of bass.

Edit: too slow but +1 on all of the above

Mar 9, 2010 at 12:30 AM Post #9 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Napilopez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm, where did you get $200 from? Where are you located? As others have mentioned, they are available for 109 at J&R.

Panasonic RP-HJE900 Zirconia In-Ear Headphones in Corded Headphones at JR.com

Just a note: The cables look different(and better) in the version they're selling now.

ebay. unless they would accept international shipping since am from the phils

Mar 9, 2010 at 12:31 AM Post #10 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That list is all over the place performance-wise with only unifying factor being bass... lots of bass. I've only heard three of those (Turbines, Bose IE, and Klipsch S4) and I think the Panasonic HJE900 is a better all-rounder than all of them if you're also looking for lots of bass.

Edit: too slow but +1 on all of the above

i tried out the bose ie but was wondering if turbines were better. and do you know any other reputable store who sells hje900 worldwide

Mar 9, 2010 at 12:34 AM Post #11 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Napilopez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would say look at the HJE900. They sound good with every single genre I can throw at them, and I listen to just about everything(dance, pop, latin, rock, death metal, classical, soundtracks, rap, r&b, big band, jazz, opera, dnb). They might be a bit harsh at the top at first, but not moreso than the S4 or VBs, from what I've read. They have a slight midbasss hump, but they are not lacking in any part of the sound spectrum. These also have the best overall build quality of any IEM you mentioned, because of the removable cables and cubic zirconium housings.

do you own one? any other latest iem you can recommend?

Mar 9, 2010 at 12:42 AM Post #12 of 23
Don't get the bose. Some how they are stupid hard to drive. Even If you get a good seal I have had no pmp that could drive them loud enough for me. I think they are like 46 ohms or something stupid like that.

Mar 9, 2010 at 12:49 AM Post #13 of 23
If you cant get a good price for HJE900 in Pilipinas, I can vouch for (burned-in and foam-modded) VBs as very good all-rounders, especially since you can adjust the bass response with their interchangeable plates.

Mar 9, 2010 at 1:11 AM Post #14 of 23
JVC FX500, Sony MDR-EX500, REO and D-Jays......

Mar 9, 2010 at 1:40 AM Post #15 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by lozanoa11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't get the bose. Some how they are stupid hard to drive. Even If you get a good seal I have had no pmp that could drive them loud enough for me. I think they are like 46 ohms or something stupid like that.

They dont sound quite that bad either but I think they still lack bass. You know that bass-in-yo-face type.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back