Aliexpress Cables
Mar 7, 2024 at 12:39 PM Post #4,172 of 4,362
Link-up cat8 on Amazon is a nice, weighty budget option.

I've been considering messing around with other, more expensive options than the Furutech cable, but more out of pure curiosity than anything. No complaints or feeling like anything is missing with the Furutech cable.

Mar 7, 2024 at 1:06 PM Post #4,175 of 4,362
I have the odin Ethernet too.

It's good but i want something with better shielding.

I want to test out if the better Ethernet cables reduce latency for the voip system in my office.

I'm gonna test a few out and if they do nothing, I'll use it on my audio system.

Mar 7, 2024 at 8:30 PM Post #4,176 of 4,362
Well, after seeing Jake2 mention this thread several times elsewhere, I finally decided to give it some reading time. Fun stuff.
I have a question for you guys - I need a set of speaker cables for some horns, they're playing from 600Hz up, and my lovely Fideliums aren't quite long enough so will stay with my other speakers. I'm leaning toward some Acoustic Revive SPC-Reference II which are probably a great value and I'm curious to see if a shielded speaker cable (previously against my religion) might help quiet things down a bit, after recently purchasing a quality EMF/RF meter and seeing how much noise the foils are carrying!!!
I considered just buying 10 meters of Neotech solid copper to make a 2.5m pair, but for that kind of money I think there are other better options.

Is there any consensus around some giant killer Ali speaker cables? Looking at Xangsane is just confusing me
:scream:

Mar 8, 2024 at 12:45 PM Post #4,179 of 4,362
I have made mine myself from trailer neoprene power cable (4x1,5mm or 10 AWG total). Terminated them with solderless fake Furutech bananas and spades. Cleaned everything with isopropyl and applied Furutech nano liquid. Paired them with @cdacosta ‘s rochelle salt bags e voila! Stellar performers. They beat my really expensive cables with Mundorf silver/gold alloy conductors and also a custom made speaker cable with real Furutech conductors.
image.jpg

Total cost was less than 200 euro for a 2m bi-wire speakercable set.

Edit: these homemade speaker cables make it easy to integrate ground box cables. I’m in the process of making ground boxes to filter these cables at amp side.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2024 at 1:42 PM Post #4,182 of 4,362
Is there any consensus around some giant killer Ali speaker cables?
There has been no mention of any speaker cables in this thread, except one or two times, maybe, one is by me a few posts back. Have a look.

It's the 12TC, that comes recommended by "Gabster" from YouTube. According to another YouTuber (the Texan guy who develops and sells speaker kits) these cables are original Kimbers, without the Kimber branding.
I can't give you more info, since mine are currently in shipping and will need another 12 days, or so, to arrive. They're approx. 11€/meter.

Users who are viewing this thread

• JML
Back