Aliexpress Cables
Mar 4, 2024 at 6:04 PM Post #4,156 of 4,362
Recently bought and tried these from AliExpress
image.jpg
Ik heb net dit geweldige item op AliExpress gevonden. Bekijk het nu! €50.69 8% Off | 1Pcs Hifi Audio Power Kabel Verstelbare Pad Anti-Shock Schokdemper Pad Trillingen Absorptie Stands Lijn Ondersteuning Draad beugel
https://a.aliexpress.com/_EHDjw05

They seem to have an audible positive effect on the sound. Mostly in the bass region tightening it up. Works a bit as the Furutech ncf boosters but at a more reasonable price. I haven’t directly compared the two though.
Are those adjustable in height at all?

Mar 6, 2024 at 1:44 AM Post #4,158 of 4,362
Not an AliX product, let alone a cable, but loosely in keeping with the broader 'tweaks and enhancements' theme of this thread (if not in recent times, with DIY ground boxes departing to their own thread) these guys just arrived so thought I'd share it here. Rather hoping my experience mirrors Hans', based on whose review - and a couple of others - I took a bit of a leap of faith...

20240306_193459.jpg

Mar 6, 2024 at 6:22 AM Post #4,159 of 4,362
Not an AliX product, let alone a cable, but loosely in keeping with the broader 'tweaks and enhancements' theme of this thread (if not in recent times, with DIY ground boxes departing to their own thread) these guys just arrived so thought I'd share it here. Rather hoping my experience mirrors Hans', based on whose review - and a couple of others - I took a bit of a leap of faith...

Are those the 50 or 70?
I have a couple sets of EQ's under server & Spring 3. They're a slam dunk for me, just needed a day to settle in after arrival. Way more detail, better soundstage, no tonal aberrations. A set of the speaker isolators is pretty high up on my want list. Let us know how they work out.

Looking back, Hans' reviews started coming out right when I started messing around with tungsten powder on ground boxes. Funny coincidence.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2024 at 6:58 AM Post #4,160 of 4,362
Are those the 50 or 70?
I have a couple sets of EQ's under server & Spring 3. They're a slam dunk for me, just needed a day to settle in after arrival. Way more detail, better soundstage, no tonal aberrations. A set of the speaker isolators is pretty high up on my want list. Let us know how they work out.

Looking back, Hans' reviews started coming out right when I started messing around with tungsten powder on ground boxes. Funny coincidence.
50, was tempted by the 70 but a bit rich for my blood right now (comes in over our $1k customs duty collection threshold so with 15% VAT/GST on top it works out practically twice as much as the 50).

Will keep you posted. Very cool re the EQs, had thought I'd ordered some for my DAC and/or clock a few months back, but turns out the order was never completed.

Fellow tungsten convert here, had clean forgotten that's what Stack Audio use. I have a small bag of tungsten powder on the FPGA chip for my R2R ladder, with a bit of fo.q in between. And lots of tungsten blocks elsewhere (must be almost 10 all up), on two OCXOs and an LPS... It's cool stuff, combines very well in a multilayer constrained layer damping sandwich with small squares of fo.q and graphite foil. Oh yes and a bit of tungsten putty too, terribly messy stuff.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2024 at 7:27 AM Post #4,161 of 4,362

20240306_193459.jpg
Do you have link?

Mar 6, 2024 at 2:27 PM Post #4,164 of 4,362
Recently bought and tried these from AliExpress
image.jpg
Ik heb net dit geweldige item op AliExpress gevonden. Bekijk het nu! €50.69 8% Off | 1Pcs Hifi Audio Power Kabel Verstelbare Pad Anti-Shock Schokdemper Pad Trillingen Absorptie Stands Lijn Ondersteuning Draad beugel
https://a.aliexpress.com/_EHDjw05

They seem to have an audible positive effect on the sound. Mostly in the bass region tightening it up. Works a bit as the Furutech ncf boosters but at a more reasonable price. I haven’t directly compared the two though.
These look good for experimenting with different fillings.

Mar 7, 2024 at 9:56 AM Post #4,166 of 4,362
Mar 7, 2024 at 10:54 AM Post #4,169 of 4,362
I was hoping to spend less than $100 so I'll keep that that supra cable in mind. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back