Aliexpress Cables
Feb 25, 2024 at 3:04 PM Post #4,126 of 4,366
Hey guys what you recommend for not so expensive rca cables to my subwoofer. I would need 3m. 4m maybe would be better but could possibly increase the price.
By the way odin2 usb is bang for buck now?
I am also considering 3m speaker wires, kimber vs odin gold, budget tops maybe around 120€, any suggestions aswell? Could stretch a bit.
The odin rca is pretty cheap but its going to be pricey for 4m of cable.

I think the xangane usb bests the odin2 but does cost more.

Feb 25, 2024 at 4:53 PM Post #4,127 of 4,366
Just curious if you are getting the same results as me @DecentLevi @bodiebill2

The optical connection is definitely giving me way more bass than usb, but usb giving me better top end with less bass.
My experience with the Sysconcept tosink cable from Canada is absolutely transparent and uncolored in any way. It does treble, it does bass and everything in between, it does sterile, it does warm, lush, or whatever is the recording, bit perfect as it should be, nimble without adding its own flavor. By memory, even the best RCA coax cable gave me a similar yet less extended frequency response, with everything sounding more two-dimensional and congested.

The above differences also apply to using even the best of USB cables versus Fibbr Alpha USB optical cable, which is for me goes between my laptop and USB cleanser before the DDC, with iFi USB iDefender and iPufiers on all sides.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2024 at 4:58 PM Post #4,128 of 4,366
The odin rca is pretty cheap but its going to be pricey for 4m of cable.

I think the xangane usb bests the odin2 but does cost more.
I think xangane price is crazy high for me... I won't feel a difference vs odin, but I am gonna feel difference from my cheap usb (who knows when and where I got it). I am still thinking subwoofer would be good with some cheaper cables than odin clones?
What about speaker cables? Anyone can hint me? Now using ofc 4mm2 cables.

Feb 25, 2024 at 6:48 PM Post #4,130 of 4,366

Attachments

• 1000038429.jpg
    1000038429.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 0
Feb 26, 2024 at 5:30 AM Post #4,132 of 4,366
Just curious if you are getting the same results as me @DecentLevi @bodiebill2

The optical connection is definitely giving me way more bass than usb, but usb giving me better top end with less bass.

It is hard to compare as I am now using a DAC that only (!) has input for either Toslink (or the esoteric ElectroTos). The DAC is a an ECdesigns PowerDAC-SX. Admittedly limited in its connectivity, but it is so by design. And actually powerful in other respects as it makes external amplification (pre & power) redundant.

Feb 27, 2024 at 2:24 PM Post #4,133 of 4,366
How is cable length defined for these Chinese cables? Is it copper to copper or termination to termination?

I think I might need 2.5m of the Valhalla 15 core power cord. Still unsure about the amount I lose per cable because of stiffness...

Feb 27, 2024 at 6:07 PM Post #4,134 of 4,366
How is cable length defined for these Chinese cables? Is it copper to copper or termination to termination?

I think I might need 2.5m of the Valhalla 15 core power cord. Still unsure about the amount I lose per cable because of stiffness...
I'd say that depends from seller to seller.

I have that cable and it is very stiff.

Bending cables too much is not a good thing. Its been shown that metals lose conductivity when they're bent back and forth too much or past a certain extent.

If its possible try not to force it.

Mar 2, 2024 at 3:53 PM Post #4,136 of 4,366
Mar 2, 2024 at 4:26 PM Post #4,139 of 4,366
Mar 2, 2024 at 4:38 PM Post #4,140 of 4,366
So, after having spent most of February reading the whole thread and setting well over a hundred bookmarks, I find myself lost in them :frowning2:

I want to buy some cables on AliExpress, two power cords, a coaxial S/PDIF, and one or two RCAs, I remember as much:

There is good and bad Odins powercords. That stands true for the Odin 2 and the Gold. When reading I either couldn't find the store, perhaps they ceased to exist.

I also remember the

Valhalla US / EU Power Cord Amplifier CD Player power cord cable Hifi audio power cable 15 core version

being recommended, I think it was @dougms3 , who recommended it.

Somebody also recommended the

Krell CRYO-156 Rhodium Plated Hifi Power Cable Cord Standard Audio Amplifier Amp US/EU/AU 3 Pin Plug Schuko Connector

cable.

And now I am lost. Which two from the four (other two being the Odins) should I get?

My current amp (Quad 66 Pre + Quad 306 power amp) is a bit dull with my current speakers (Dynaudio Contour 1.3 SE). A little bit more resolution, but especially PRaT might be desirable. The PA is connected to the Pre via a cable, that I had shown a few posts back, I am planning to use a

FURUTECH Flux-50 NCF Power Filter 30CM Nano Crystal Rhodium Plating Nonmagnetic FI-50R NCF Connector Made in Japan No Box

but I guess I need to find one, that's longer than 30cm. I need to bend it from Pre to PA.

Ah, this is going to be too long, I'll keep it to the power cable recommendations, as for now. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back