Aliexpress Cables
Feb 11, 2024 at 10:16 AM Post #4,083 of 4,456
Feb 15, 2024 at 1:27 PM Post #4,085 of 4,456
I tried a lot to improve the sound of the system. The biggest improvement, just raising the sound to another super level is my simple tweak:

If your equipment has the ability to switch from AC 120V to 220V ONLY , then run a cable with two phases, as many have done but only for 120V there is a separate power line. Separate line for 2 phases 240V, instead of phase and netral two phases AC240v .
You will be stunned by the sound, you will hear a completely new level of sound and understand that there is real sound and no cables or other gadgets will make your system look like two phases instead of the usual 120V.
Everything is very simple, you will have a super sounding system.

I also connected the Mac Mini to two phases 240v ;
this is simply an indescribable change in sound and no linear power supplies are needed for Mac .

Feb 18, 2024 at 9:11 AM Post #4,088 of 4,456
Does anyone has experience with audioquest rca’s on AliExpress? I’m looking at the thunderbird rca. Does anyone has a recommendation for a seller? Audioeros, colleimage,…?
Did you ever order Audioquest cables? I have Thunderbird XLR’s from Audioson seller on AliExpress. Best xlr cables I’ve heard and stunning build quality.

Feb 18, 2024 at 11:45 AM Post #4,089 of 4,456
I have been tempted to try Dragon .... I have genuine AQ Thunderbird and bought Fire from Ali Express. The Fire quality led me to be tempted to try their Dragon ... especially as I know what genuine TB is like. These cables are either out of the side door of the same factory used by AQ or seconds sold on, surely ? Too close to the real thing. Far to close, apart from the price !
Only just saw your reply as I haven’t been on for a while. I now how the AliExpress Thunderbird xlr between Dac and Pre and Pre and active speakers. Great cables and I agree, these are so good, including build quality that I suspect they are out of the side door.

Feb 18, 2024 at 12:17 PM Post #4,090 of 4,456
Only just saw your reply as I haven’t been on for a while. I now how the AliExpress Thunderbird xlr between Dac and Pre and Pre and active speakers. Great cables and I agree, these are so good, including build quality that I suspect they are out of the side door.
I'm not sure if this is common knowledge but there is something that should be considered.

We all know how much the chinese manufacturers respect, patents, trademarks and copyrights. When a company approaches a chinese manufacturer to produce a product, they will make it for that company. But they will also make it for anyone else or themselves to sell on the side.

In the past many companies moved manufacturing to china to reduce costs.

If a manufacturer were looking for new products to make, they will copy and/or improve or degrade the original design, depending on if they want to reduce costs by using cheaper or less materials. They've become very good at this.

I don't think all of the products are like this but in the case with cables, its very easy to do this. I think in the past companies like audioquest, furutech, etc may have gone to china looking to reduce manufacturing costs only to have their "secrets of the trade" be stolen.

And to be honest, I don't support either side but I think its ridiculous what these companies charge for cables. I want to support them but they're being unreasonable with the prices. I don't feel sorry for these companies because they did this to themselves by being extremely greedy. After all, a market like this for any product wouldn't exist if there wasn't demand for it.

That being said, in the past I bought a odin knockoff spdif cable from aliexpress for $30 and also bought a real audioquest carbon from amazon for $300 for the sake of comparison. The odin knockoff was vastly superior. I returned the AQ carbon and got my money back.

Feb 18, 2024 at 3:34 PM Post #4,093 of 4,456
I got some of this on the way.
Anyone use this?
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mtEl4Ew
I bought the terminated version of that power cable. All I can tell you at this point is that it works. I haven't compared it to the Pangea AC9 cords it will be competing with yet. It is lighter weight and more flexible and it comes in 3.5 and 5 meter lengths which I liked.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back