Aliexpress Cables
Jan 30, 2024 at 10:09 PM Post #4,066 of 4,366
SP-9003Ag

Do you guys see the bulk RCA version of this cable?

I have a set of pure silver rcas that I've had for a while and been meaning to build a cable with.

20240130_213515.JPG

Nm, i guess I could just two wires for each contact.
I hadn't seen it, but I'd get it from the official Xangsane store if I were you... though I guess you don't really need a four core version for RCAs, not sure what other bare silver cable they do.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002988056356.html

Jan 30, 2024 at 10:12 PM Post #4,067 of 4,366
Do you have the link for that graphite foil thing?

I want to try to make a shield with it for my tube amp to see if it diminishes some noise its been picking up.
Here you go. I got the 0.5mm and 1mm thick ones. The thicker they are the greater the shielding, but the more rigid and fragile brittle they are. The photos with it flexing must be much thinner versions than the two I got.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002688608844.html

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2024 at 9:46 AM Post #4,069 of 4,366
Feb 1, 2024 at 7:33 PM Post #4,070 of 4,366
Feb 1, 2024 at 10:22 PM Post #4,071 of 4,366
sorry if this was covered well in the past. But what are your experiences about power cable? I have only replaced the one for my DAC (as it was the most expensive portion in my chain), but wonder if it's worth doing the same for amp, DDC or even power strip. Which component of your audio chain was most well responsive to the power cable replacement?

Feb 1, 2024 at 11:14 PM Post #4,072 of 4,366
sorry if this was covered well in the past. But what are your experiences about power cable? I have only replaced the one for my DAC (as it was the most expensive portion in my chain), but wonder if it's worth doing the same for amp, DDC or even power strip. Which component of your audio chain was most well responsive to the power cable replacement?
I'd say the amps seem to have the best response to power cable upgrades.

But I think it depends on the dac, my dac is pretty well isolated in terms of power. If you look at how my r8 is designed, power, left and right channels, as well as the incoming power wire are all isolated by thick aluminum walls. It doesn't respond as well to power cable upgrades vs my amps. But this is just in my case, it could be different in your setup.

Either way, better cables will improve your gear, how much I cannot say. Theres also the synergy aspect, some cables work better in some applications and not so good in other applications.

R8MK37.JPG

Feb 1, 2024 at 11:19 PM Post #4,073 of 4,366
I'd say the amps seem to have the best response to power cable upgrades.

But I think it depends on the dac, my dac is pretty well isolated in terms of power. If you look at how my r8 is designed, power, left and right channels, as well as the incoming power wire are all isolated by thick aluminum walls. It doesn't respond as well to power cable upgrades vs my amps. But this is just in my case, it could be different in your setup.

Either way, better cables will improve your gear, how much I cannot say. Theres also the synergy aspect, some cables work better in some applications and not so good in other applications.

R8MK37.JPG
thanks for sharing your insight! I agree to your point. It seems that your DAC is already upgraded internally. It actually somehow changed my perspective as I originally thought that the expensive gear deserves a cable upgrade, but it might be that the gear that asks for higher $ is well invested for the internal components thus no further improvement is necessary. Well... it also depends on gear by gear anyway. I think that I will buy a couple more cables as those last even when I upgrade the components and use them for new upgraded gears later. :)

Feb 1, 2024 at 11:33 PM Post #4,074 of 4,366
thanks for sharing your insight! I agree to your point. It seems that your DAC is already upgraded internally. It actually somehow changed my perspective as I originally thought that the expensive gear deserves a cable upgrade, but it might be that the gear that asks for higher $ is well invested for the internal components thus no further improvement is necessary. Well... it also depends on gear by gear anyway. I think that I will buy a couple more cables as those last even when I upgrade the components and use them for new upgraded gears later. :)
Yeah usually the higher end gear have better consideration for power in the design but not always. *ahem*chord

If you're thinking to upgrade the topping a90 power cable, I think it will definitely benefit.

I even have the odin2 cable on my pc. Every bit in the chain helps...

Feb 2, 2024 at 12:04 AM Post #4,075 of 4,366
Yeah usually the higher end gear have better consideration for power in the design but not always. *ahem*chord

If you're thinking to upgrade the topping a90 power cable, I think it will definitely benefit.

I even have the odin2 cable on my pc. Every bit in the chain helps...
Speaking of every bit in the chain, when I was going through the Xangsane store's offerings I came across their pure silver DC cables (incl USB > DC 2.1/2.5). Quite reasonably priced too, relatively speaking for pure silver.

Xangsane 5N sterling silver dc power cable 5.5 DC2.1-2.5 2P hifi aviation cable dc plug to dc2.5/2.1 audio cable
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOiDVP4

They are amongst their most popular products based on AliX sales stats and reviews.

Anyone tried em?

I have a few mainly network devices I'm thinking of trying em on.

Attachments

• 1171544691-498196242.jpg
    1171544691-498196242.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 801332777-1770642497.jpg
    801332777-1770642497.jpg
    289.7 KB · Views: 0
Feb 2, 2024 at 12:24 AM Post #4,076 of 4,366
Speaking of every bit in the chain, when I was going through the Xangsane store's offerings I came across their pure silver DC cables (incl USB > DC 2.1/2.5). Quite reasonably priced too, relatively speaking for pure silver.

Xangsane 5N sterling silver dc power cable 5.5 DC2.1-2.5 2P hifi aviation cable dc plug to dc2.5/2.1 audio cable

They are amongst their most popular products based on AliX sales stats and reviews.

Anyone tried em?

Haven't tried that one but I have this one.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256...st_main.5.71061802iwWX1a&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa

Really big improvement over the stock cable for my LPS. It powers the JCAT femto card on my pc.

Feb 2, 2024 at 1:02 AM Post #4,077 of 4,366

Anyone tried em?

I use both the the Xangsane and the Audiocrast connected to network switches and linear power supplies. Soundwise they are on par IMO. I prefer the Audiocrast. The barrelplugg is more solid with a tighter grip. The barrelplugg on the Xangsane has a looser fit. The Audicrast cable is also thicker than the Xangsane.

Feb 2, 2024 at 4:00 AM Post #4,078 of 4,366
Currently listening to a nice IRL example of the Everything Matters principle. For some random reason this evening I thought I'd dust off my long shelved iFi Zen Stream and give it a whirl with a few power and noise filtering measures I've cobbled together in the 18 months since then. I retired the Zen not long after getting it as it was edgy, thin and flat compared to my then new DAC's internal streamer, even when powered by an IFI Power X and sent via a Gustard U18 DDC.

Well ya know what, the below tweaks completely transformed the Zen Stream's sound into an unrecognisably lush, expansive and engaging sound:
- power from a 12v LIFEPO4 battery filtered via an IFI DC iPurifier (each alone is great, together superb)
- iFi LAN iSilencer on end of a Furutech LAN-8 NCF ethernet cable from a heavily tweaked LHY SW-8 switch in turn fed by FMCs and another switch
- USB audio out dual filtered - USB isolator
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrwT3yq powered by a 5V iFi Power X, feeding a Holo Titanis USB reclocker/Regenerator, Gothic Audio SemperFi pure silver cable to DAC USB in (same cable as from Zen to U18 previously)
- 2 X signal grounding cables to a ground box, the Zen's USB input and the unused s/pdif coax output
- vibration damped stting on an A5 sheet of fo.Q SH-22K with a tiny quantity of Rochelle Salt poweder in a zip bag on top (the Zen was super sensitive to the RS, too much and it thinned the sound unduly). These last two took its resolution up several notches into a different class.

(To be fair that's more than twice the cost of the Zen again on these tweaks, but boy does it sound good now. Will have to AB it against the R26's internal HQP renderer.)

I reckon it could alternatively be called the Princess and the Pea principle, as even with the multiple layers and types of filtering between the LHY switch and the R26 the sound lost a decent chunk of its lushness, flow and scale when I removed the top layer of the damping materials I have on that switch's OCXO. As to why the heck the precision of an upstream oscillator sending a packet based asynchronous stream matters one jot to a downstream streamer & DAC, God knows, but matter it does. Very much indeed.

Attachments

• 20240202_200109.jpg
    20240202_200109.jpg
    783 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 7, 2024 at 3:31 PM Post #4,079 of 4,366
Hey just a tip for folk interested in Xangsane cables, you may find it cheaper buying direct from Xangsane rather than their AliX store... Works out around 20% cheaper for me due to slightly lower face price even after AliX repeat buyer discounts (no AliX margin I guess) and no VAT collected (15% NZ GST not applied) . No shipping for either.

https://www.xangsaneaudiocable.com

Feb 8, 2024 at 2:06 AM Post #4,080 of 4,366
Speaking of which, albeit purchased from AliX before I realised the above, look what just arrived... 😊

Time to pack away the old faithful single ended LFD Integrated Zero LE and rock out the fully balanced Pre/Power.

Will be comparing to my only other good XLRs, the UP-OCC copper Audio Envy O'Nestians.

Attachments

• 20240208_200144.jpg
    20240208_200144.jpg
    883.2 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back