Aliexpress Cables
Jan 29, 2024 at 3:45 AM Post #4,051 of 4,366
But I'm very surprised that it does not set off the NCV detector. Neither the connector or cable itself.
Its a good indication of how well its shielded as the NCV detector picks up electric fields.

I have a Gighertz Solutions electric field and magnetic field meter, and a TES-93 3-axis RF meter. Until now I hadn't used em to directly compare power cables, but you got me curious so I just did so with the GS meter.

Electric fields (EFs, as opposed to magnetic fields (MFs) or radio frequency (RF) wave emissions) were the primary emission when in close-ish proximity (say <25cm) to my PCs throughout their length. MFs were highest in close proximity to LPS in components, dropping off quickly to near room background levels for all PCs, irrespective of shielding. The way the MFs from the linear power supplies' completely disregarded the various aluminium, copper and graphite shielding layers I've been experimenting with was an eye opener if hardly surprising, motivating me to finally try some mu-metal shrouds for my LPS.

Re EFs some power cables had near nil emissions, some low-mod, some super high... the highest was for an unshielded Xangsane XS-950 'braided' silver-plated copper cable (1900V/M). Followed by the Furukawa flux-50 filter' cables (150-700V/m, varied a lot by component, ext clock worst, followed by DAC, then my amp). The EF fields were lowest with my Puritan Classic Plus and Ultimate PCs (50-80V/m) and multishielded Monosaudio P902 cables (<50V/m).

What was most interesting though was how potent graphite foil/card was at shielding EFs.. a single flat 12cm X 15cm piece of 1mm thick graphite placed between the meter and the Xangsane XS-950 reduced EFs by almost 95% from almost 2000 to ~100 V/m. Ditto re reducing the Flux-50s EFs by >80% to <100.

Before Christmas I extensively tested the sonic effect of deploying this foil loosely around/between PC cables where they plug into my conditioner (see pic). Taking EF measurements didn't occur to me. I was working on the theory PC shielding was likely to be imperfect, especially at/around AC plug terminations. Sure enough the graphite shielding was audibly beneficial for almost all cables to a greater of lesser extent... less glare, more body, dynamics. These measurements are just a bonus/nice technical validation of the EF shielding potency of calendered graphite foil sheets. Indeed it motivates me to further shield the super noisy braided Xangsane cable where it is proximate to other cables or components, incl where it plugs into my OCK-2 clock's IEC socket.

@BShaw FYI...

20231209_224736.jpg20231209_224747.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2024 at 9:55 AM Post #4,052 of 4,366
Cheers. Just about to pull the trigger on the Xangsane 9003, will be interesting contrasting it with my Audio Envy O'Nestian OCC copper XLRs, incl what the optimal sequence/component paring of good silver vs good copper interconnects is (I need a second pair anyway).

But before I do so can I ask if I increased my budget to say USD300-400, would this bring anything else into play you'd recommend over the Xangsane? And/or at what price point do you get a worthwhile step up in sonics?
It depends ... Have you tried other silver cables ? Would you prefer Ag over Cu any day ? I would ...
The Xangsane would be almost impossible to beat price-wise it's the best deal out there IMHO...
$400 / You can try to snatch the Dragon XLR 1 meter maybe ... Also very nice cable indeed , but it's more on the Cu side, I would say ...
Also there is this Siltech double Crown clone , not as good as the triple crown , but for this price it's a steal ....

Jan 29, 2024 at 1:02 PM Post #4,053 of 4,366
I have a Gighertz Solutions electric field and magnetic field meter, and a TES-93 3-axis RF meter. Until now I hadn't used em to directly compare power cables, but you got me curious so I just did so with the GS meter.

Electric fields (EFs, as opposed to magnetic fields (MFs) or radio frequency (RF) wave emissions) were the primary emission when in close-ish proximity (say <25cm) to my PCs throughout their length. MFs were highest in close proximity to LPS in components, dropping off quickly to near room background levels for all PCs, irrespective of shielding. The way the MFs from the linear power supplies' completely disregarded the various aluminium, copper and graphite shielding layers I've been experimenting with was an eye opener if hardly surprising, motivating me to finally try some mu-metal shrouds for my LPS.

Re EFs some power cables had near nil emissions, some low-mod, some super high... the highest was for an unshielded Xangsane XS-950 'braided' silver-plated copper cable (1900V/M). Followed by the Furukawa flux-50 filter' cables (150-700V/m, varied a lot by component, ext clock worst, followed by DAC, then my amp). The EF fields were lowest with my Puritan Classic Plus and Ultimate PCs (50-80V/m) and multishielded Monosaudio P902 cables (<50V/m).

What was most interesting though was how potent graphite foil/card was at shielding EFs.. a single flat 12cm X 15cm piece of 1mm thick graphite placed between the meter and the Xangsane XS-950 reduced EFs by almost 95% from almost 2000 to ~100 V/m. Ditto re reducing the Flux-50s EFs by >80% to <100.

Before Christmas I extensively tested the sonic effect of deploying this foil loosely around/between PC cables where they plug into my conditioner (see pic). Taking EF measurements didn't occur to me. I was working on the theory PC shielding was likely to be imperfect, especially at/around AC plug terminations. Sure enough the graphite shielding was audibly beneficial for almost all cables to a greater of lesser extent... less glare, more body, dynamics. These measurements are just a bonus/nice technical validation of the EF shielding potency of calendered graphite foil sheets. Indeed it motivates me to further shield the super noisy braided Xangsane cable where it is proximate to other cables or components, incl where it plugs into my OCK-2 clock's IEC socket.

@BShaw FYI...

This reminds me a bit of those Furutech booster braces…

Jan 29, 2024 at 1:10 PM Post #4,054 of 4,366

@BShaw FYI...

Interesting idea. I have a lot of these sheets, will try this.

Jan 29, 2024 at 6:18 PM Post #4,056 of 4,366
Hi im looking for xlr to connection R26 - LM845 Premium . I need best quality. To 150-200 usd

Well I'm in the same boat and per @Crypt Keeper ’s great experience & advice I’m about to pull the trigger on the 9003 as linked below.

I see there are several Xangsane silver XLRs, incl the 9003 and 9001. I read a bit of an exchange on another forum where both cables were highly rated and some folk who'd tried both preferred the 9003 - have you tried both and do you concur? Cheers.

SP-9003AG https://a.aliexpress.com/_mMsUpqa

SP-9001AG https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNcN10Q

Jan 29, 2024 at 6:35 PM Post #4,059 of 4,366
Well I'm in the same boat and per @Crypt Keeper ’s great experience & advice I’m about to pull the trigger on the 9003 as linked below.
I am using 9003 xlr and it is easy recommendation as the SQ at the price is pretty impressive.

Jan 29, 2024 at 6:39 PM Post #4,060 of 4,366
What about an audio strip or conditioner? Do you have any suggestions?
Second crypt keeper's recommendation, he knows his stuff, got a good ear and has tested alot of aliexpress cables.

I had the same idea to buy a power conditioner off aliex as well but I read some reviews where the outlets were wired incorrectly. This happens sometimes with power cables as well.

The problem is even if there was something decent, its difficult to trust the conditioners on aliexpress. If you're not capable of fixing them, I'd recommend either building your own if you can or just buy a reputable brand like furutech.

After all, its not worth the risk of damaging your equipment or a fire.

Jan 30, 2024 at 6:39 PM Post #4,061 of 4,366
Got one of these furutech ncf AC line optimizers. It is legit.

Cleans up a good amount of noise in the system.

Tried moving it around in different spots but that particular spot seems to have the best result. 🤷‍♂️

20240128_231606.JPG

Jan 30, 2024 at 9:13 PM Post #4,062 of 4,366
And I got a great deal on this wall outlet cover, courtesy of @Crypt Keeper, thanks dude.

Surprised at how much of a difference this stupid thing makes. Bought off amazon so I was gonna return it if it didn't do anything.

Definitely keeping this thing, should have bought it a long time ago.

While the ebay carbon fiber outlet cover is good, this thing takes it to a new level.

If anyone is wondering, the rubber band is to prevent the bottom outlet from sagging out of the duplex. Unfortunately, because of the weight, it tends to slowly come out a bit over time.

20240128_121212.JPG

20240130_210712.JPG

Jan 30, 2024 at 9:21 PM Post #4,063 of 4,366
And I got a great deal on this wall outlet cover, courtesy of @Crypt Keeper, thanks dude.

Surprised at how much of a difference this stupid thing makes. Bought off amazon so I was gonna return it if it didn't do anything.

Definitely keeping this thing, should have bought it a long time ago.

While the ebay carbon fiber outlet cover is good, this thing takes it to a new level.

If anyone is wondering, the rubber band is to prevent the bottom outlet from sagging out of the duplex. Unfortunately, because of the weight, it tends to slowly come out a bit over time.

delet, I see it...

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2024 at 9:33 PM Post #4,064 of 4,366

@BShaw FYI...

Do you have the link for that graphite foil thing?

I want to try to make a shield with it for my tube amp to see if it diminishes some noise its been picking up.

Jan 30, 2024 at 9:38 PM Post #4,065 of 4,366
SP-9003Ag

Do you guys see the bulk RCA version of this cable?

I have a set of pure silver rcas that I've had for a while and been meaning to build a cable with.

20240130_213515.JPG

Nm, i guess I could just two wires for each contact.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back