Aliexpress Cables
Jan 17, 2024 at 10:19 PM Post #4,021 of 4,367
Jan 18, 2024 at 5:28 PM Post #4,022 of 4,367
Today i was trying in my system Valhalla power cable, and Valhalla XLR
https://a.aliexpress.com/_EJos2H3
And this
https://a.aliexpress.com/_EJJnEO9
And this xlr don't play better like my mps m-9g. Stereo have different feelings. So I decided return this cable. Power cable is very hard. Very difficult to plug for any devices. Both cables have annoying high tones. Kind of like grain. More. If I don't make a profit on both, I'll refund it. And I will buy a branded power supply.

Jan 18, 2024 at 6:44 PM Post #4,023 of 4,367
And this
And this xlr don't play better like my mps m-9g. Stereo have different feelings. So I decided return this cable. Power cable is very hard. Very difficult to plug for any devices. Both cables have annoying high tones. Kind of like grain. More. If I don't make a profit on both, I'll refund it. And I will buy a branded power supply.
Haven't tried the xlrs but I have the same power cable, its pretty good, better than the odin cable imo. It is very stiff though.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256802496600304.html

This one is pretty good too.

Jan 18, 2024 at 8:50 PM Post #4,024 of 4,367
And this
Those cables may need burn in...my Odin2 took 600 hours....

Jan 18, 2024 at 9:19 PM Post #4,025 of 4,367
What to choose between Hakugei and Forza Audioworks Claire HPC? 50$ difference. I want to use with HE1000se and Meze Liric for warmer sound.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240119_031713_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg
    Screenshot_20240119_031713_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg
    709 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20240119_031831.jpg
    Screenshot_20240119_031831.jpg
    389 KB · Views: 0
Jan 18, 2024 at 9:25 PM Post #4,026 of 4,367
What to choose between Hakugei and Forza Audioworks Claire HPC? 50$ difference. I want to use with HE1000se and Meze Liric for warmer sound.
Hakugei healer is a great cable.

Best bang for your buck cable imo. I tested that cable at canjam, even improves the sound of $5k iems.

Haven't tried the forza though.

Jan 19, 2024 at 5:55 AM Post #4,027 of 4,367
And this
In my experience the Valhalla power cable needs at least 300 hours of continuous use on a high current device to sound reasonably good but full break in is around 500-600 hours as already mentioned. In my system it is being used on my Bryston 4B3 power amp where it was significantly better than the Odin2 power cable and also Oyaide black mamba and some others that were 3 times the price of the Valhalla. Connectors on the Valhalla need to be checked to ensure they are properly terminated and tight. I use Oyaide armoured CO04 and a Furutech mains plug , both genuine ones.
the Odin gold xlr is between my preamp and power amp and replaced a Genuine Transparent Audio Gen2 cable that was 10 times the price of the Odin2 xlr. Again, it took 300-400 hours break in.

Jan 19, 2024 at 8:42 AM Post #4,028 of 4,367
In my experience the Valhalla power cable needs at least 300 hours of continuous use on a high current device to sound reasonably good but full break in is around 500-600 hours as already mentioned. In my system it is being used on my Bryston 4B3 power amp where it was significantly better than the Odin2 power cable and also Oyaide black mamba and some others that were 3 times the price of the Valhalla. Connectors on the Valhalla need to be checked to ensure they are properly terminated and tight. I use Oyaide armoured CO04 and a Furutech mains plug , both genuine ones.
the Odin gold xlr is between my preamp and power amp and replaced a Genuine Transparent Audio Gen2 cable that was 10 times the price of the Odin2 xlr. Again, it took 300-400 hours break in.
You claim if I made a some DIY and mount better End fittings quality this cable will be much better?

Jan 19, 2024 at 10:11 AM Post #4,029 of 4,367
You claim if I made a some DIY and mount better End fittings quality this cable will be much better?
The Ali Express Valhalla comes with reasonably good connectors. I used better connectors because I had them. Better connectors will not make this cable better without proper burn in. if you are unable to check the internal connections then you can ask an electrician to do it. Anyway, cable burn in is essential and necessary for at least 300 hours for the Valhalla power cable.

Jan 19, 2024 at 10:59 AM Post #4,030 of 4,367
The Ali Express Valhalla comes with reasonably good connectors. I used better connectors because I had them. Better connectors will not make this cable better without proper burn in. if you are unable to check the internal connections then you can ask an electrician to do it. Anyway, cable burn in is essential and necessary for at least 300 hours for the Valhalla power cable.

I think the issue he's complaining about, which I've seen on other Aliexpress cables, is that they just didn't physically fit right. I've seen some that were fine, and others that were pretty messed up mechanically. There seems to be a bit of variability.

If it doesn't physically fit, no amount of cable burn-in will help.

Jan 21, 2024 at 11:55 PM Post #4,031 of 4,367
An update about my recent RCA S/PDIF (digital coax) cable upgrade.

Initially I reported great results with RCA coax cable from Darren of Arctand Labs in Singapore (I got the 'Obsidian' version). I reported better results, but fast forward 2 weeks later I discovered my findings may have been skewed from multiple other updates going on at the same time.

The cable it replaced was my Odin 2 sterling silver RCA coax cable here that I had outfitted with 2 extra high quality ferrite clamps, spiral-wrapped copper foil and I replaced the connectors with Furutech CF-102 Flagship Solderless RCA carbon fiber Plugs, both from Aliexpress seller Furukawa Flagship store. Yesterday when switching back to this highly special RCA coax cable shown below, I was SCHOCKED at the improvement! A whole new plane of fidelity is unleashed, with what seems to be even bigger more resolute FR, authority, while retaining a prowess for delicate detail... soundstage is even larger and when I tested a classical song in DSD I could now hear every instrument in the orchestra separately which must be at least 24 instruments! (full disclosure I'm not a classical fan, but that was still fun with this system)!

Do note this is is NO way a knock against Darren the custom cable maker in Singapore. Even the opposite, considering one of the major jumps in fidelity I've experienced from him recently was a 3rd quad star DC cable, and I'm listening to the whole thing using a custom Rubi prototype headphone cable and RCA interconnect from him as well. I got his RCA coax cable knowing it was the lowest tier model, and may still try his OCC Silver Coax cable someday. But this custom cable is simply amazing and sublime. And I do remember taking it apart to attach the Furutech solderless connectors seeing how extremely solid and thick it's conductors are. I could literally hurt myself trying to even bend small sections of it. Also for the spiral-wrapped copper-foil tape, I can't be exactly sure what it's doing. It sounded good when I put it on originally but it this stuff has a tendency affix itself by a sort of erosion and is almost impossible to remove.

20240121_195842.jpg

Another MAJOR recent improvement in my system came from a Toslink cable from Sys Concept in Canada. 1300-strands 24/192, Toslink/MiniPlug Prem. Optical Cable (link), which I got for less than $100, length 0.5 meters. I really knew something special was happening when I installed this baby, first sounding much more resolving but bright, and within just 1 day of burn-in things sound sublime and perfect!

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2024 at 7:51 PM Post #4,033 of 4,367
Hello.

I know that my system is an entry level compared with all I have read in this post.
But I want to ask you about if what would happens if I upgrade any of my stock cables.
My budget is “none” 😭, well, I have to start from scratch.

This is my setup:

AVR Marantz SR5014 connected to Tannoy mX 5.1 speakers.
The fronts are bi-amplified with Oehlbach Silverline SP-25 cable.
The rear and central with standard 2.5 mm2 cable.
As an analog source, a Pro-jet Debut Carbon Evo turntable with Ortofon 2M Bronze capsule. Also with aluminum subplatter and acrylic plater.
The Pro-ject is connected to a pre-amp iFi Zen Phono. Both devices with the original cables for audio and power.
As a digital source, an iFi Zen DAC Signature V2, connected to a MiniPC with Roon Server installed. USB and original power.

As I said, nothing compared with yours.
But do you think that it could sounds better, more warm, melodic?

What to change first, power? Speaker cables? Interconnections?

And the most important, which store in Ali? Links?

Thanks anyway

Jan 24, 2024 at 8:00 PM Post #4,034 of 4,367
Well I only have experience with the Odin2 power cables, and Odin gold XLR, and USB cable, but they sound great. I even put a Odin2 on the computer. Concerning the power cables, it felt like a quantum improvement in all aspects of fidelity was realized. Without the Odin2 usb cable, the mids sounded hollow, now they are rich and layered, with exceptional soundstage and space between and around the notes... Plus I have a low noise USB card in the computer, and they all plug into my balanced transformer...

Jan 24, 2024 at 8:22 PM Post #4,035 of 4,367
Hello.

I know that my system is an entry level compared with all I have read in this post.
But I want to ask you about if what would happens if I upgrade any of my stock cables.
My budget is “none” 😭, well, I have to start from scratch.

This is my setup:

AVR Marantz SR5014 connected to Tannoy mX 5.1 speakers.
The fronts are bi-amplified with Oehlbach Silverline SP-25 cable.
The rear and central with standard 2.5 mm2 cable.
As an analog source, a Pro-jet Debut Carbon Evo turntable with Ortofon 2M Bronze capsule. Also with aluminum subplatter and acrylic plater.
The Pro-ject is connected to a pre-amp iFi Zen Phono. Both devices with the original cables for audio and power.
As a digital source, an iFi Zen DAC Signature V2, connected to a MiniPC with Roon Server installed. USB and original power.

As I said, nothing compared with yours.
But do you think that it could sounds better, more warm, melodic?

What to change first, power? Speaker cables? Interconnections?

And the most important, which store in Ali? Links?

Thanks anyway
Lots of options for cables.

Could try a power cable to dip your toe in the waters.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256802936896122.html

I like this 15 core power cable, really good for the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back