Aliexpress Cables
Jan 9, 2024 at 9:57 PM Post #4,006 of 4,366
A few recent major upgrades

:heavy_check_mark: upgraded to handcrafted RCA coax cable from Darren of Arctand.com in Singapore
:heavy_check_mark: upgraded to handcrafted DC cable from Darren of Arctand in Singapore
:heavy_check_mark: implemented @cdacosta 's idea of replacing BNC connectors with zip-tie for direct contact with my ground box cables (on the only 4 connection points in my system that either weren't already directly connected or using the nice solderless Furutech clone RCA connectors)
:heavy_check_mark: implemented @cdacosta 's idea of using small Rochelle salt bags parallel along the ground box cables (component side)
:heavy_check_mark: implemented @cdacosta 's idea of using small Rochelle salt bags inside components (used 3 small bags in various spots in my Schiit Wyrd USB enhancer device and 3 more in my Kenwood Integrated stereo amplifier)

The biggest difference was from Darren's DC cable. This brought about much improved dynamic handling, detail and with further extended bass and great soundstage. This is actually my 4th DC cable from him and each time I noticed unwavering sonic perfection, solid in every aspect from FR to weight, delicacy, purity of tone, you name it. Unfortunately with the culmination of so many upgrades I was also hearing more treble detail, being taken so much closer to the truth of the recording. Finally just hours ago I went ahead with a few small bags of Rochelle salt inside my Wyrd USB 'decrapifier', on capacitors, tiny bag directly on the PCB board and another on the input power section. This was the magic bullet for me!!! Now songs that were too harsh are suddenly delectable - luscious, delicious with immense detail, soundstage, impressive PRaT and bass quality, very lifelike realism, and just as detailed as before but without harshness! Massive sonic advance in all! I do want to remind a lot of the improvement is also thanks to the LHY OCK-2 external clock with thick BNC cable as well.

The RCA coax cable from Darren replaced a highly tweaked Odin 2 silver digital RCA coax cable from Aliexpress (I added 2 ferrite chokes, spiral-wrapped copper-foil shielding and replaced the connectors with solderless Furutech clone RCA connectors from Aliexpress). I actually still have yet to do another A-B comparison but Darren't cable is certainly supreme, and it's even the cheapest of his 3 versions, at around the same price as the Odin 2 from Aliexpress. The DC cable actually replaced another of Darren's DC cables of the same type, but I had this one made with different connectors in order to avoid 2 extra adapters in the former - this improved things in every area of sound. At least the 2nd biggest improvement came from CDA's suggestion on the ground box thread for a direct connection to spare BNC ports of a ground box cable with the bare wire on the outside of the connector secured with plastic cheap zip-ties rather than the crimp method low quality conductor BNC connectors I found on eBay. Those FWIW made an impressive difference back in the day, but this was a whole new level of realism and downright fidelity! The small Rochelle salt bags also mentioned by CDA on the ground box thread made a more subtle difference in my solid state amp, but a better improvement in my USB purifier device, actually darkening things up a bit to make it overall more linear again. Highly recommended to try all of these!
Thank you for saving me countless hours researching through this forum, very decent, Levi!

Which other PCs and digital coax cables have you compared to Darren's ?

Jan 9, 2024 at 11:00 PM Post #4,007 of 4,366
:heavy_check_mark: another upgrade in recent weeks ‐ added dual layers of the firm 70-duro type of sorbothane sheets under the four legs of my small wooden table which hosts my 5 grounding boxes. After trying several different kinds of feet including expensive ones from AliExpress, and various hard/ soft combinations of sorbothane sheets, this is what sounded better for me. And this wooden table rests on a standard soft carpet, could be why it required something somewhat firm to improve the sound. Certainly not discrediting the Footers from AliExpress though, they really shine wonderfully under larger components such as power conditioner and amp. The aluminum or Steel type with 3 ceramic or steel ball bearings.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2024 at 11:11 PM Post #4,008 of 4,366
Thank you for saving me countless hours researching through this forum, very decent, Levi!

Which other PCs and digital coax cables have you compared to Darren's ?

For power cables I am still mightily impressed with the 15-core Valhalla ( https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256802936896122.html ) which for me surpassed Odin gold and Odin 2, all from from Aliexpress. I believe Darren also makes power cable as well. Other cables from him I've gotten were custom headphone cables, RCA (both Rubi litz prototype), and DC cables. All of these were nothing less than jaw-dropping, really opening the floodgates of sheer detail and resolution, and in a highly pleasing way not aggressive sounding. Except from the very first order which was less than the best due to an error with my own formula I gave him, his cables have been absolutely bar none. Especially his new prototype litz silver / copper hybrid air dielectric cable with nice shielding as an RCA interconnect ( ask him about the new Rubi litz prototype ). We designed this together and I also suggested doing a double-run of the silver / copper litz conductor and boy was I right about the result... That darn thing bested a $1,000 handcrafted cable that was none other than a genuine Neotech NEI-2001 with pure solid continuous OCC single Crystal silver and several hundred dollar connectors, with Mundorf supreme solder; his for around $500.

The other digital coax cables I compared to Darren's were 2 from Blue Jeans cable company including a Belden, and two from AliExpress both Odin 2 and Odin gold. I'll still revisit the latter comparison again later.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2024 at 2:44 AM Post #4,009 of 4,366
Incoming today was the Xangsane 4n USB A-to-B cable for use between my USB purifier and Audio-GD DI-20 DDC which feeds my DAC.
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804181799808.html
It replaced the USB cable I was very much loving, Odin gold which in this case I preferred over Odin 2 USB. RIGHT OFF THE BAT I heard an INSTANT IMPROVEMENT in every area of sound!!! My experience went from "fantastic sound with very realistic some unknown instrument in the mix with great FR but bass may leave a bit on the table", to now again with the same section of the same well mastered test song "WOW, I can hear everything in full force, more plush, weighty and I can tell what that instrument is from last time. This thang just can't do anything wrong. Highly recommended if you have a highly resolving headphone, otherwise apparently like the last user, you couldn't tell the difference.

Jan 13, 2024 at 11:01 AM Post #4,010 of 4,366
Incoming today was the Xangsane 4n USB A-to-B cable for use between my USB purifier and Audio-GD DI-20 DDC which feeds my DAC.
It replaced the USB cable I was very much loving, Odin gold which in this case I preferred over Odin 2 USB. RIGHT OFF THE BAT I heard an INSTANT IMPROVEMENT in every area of sound!!! My experience went from "fantastic sound with very realistic some unknown instrument in the mix with great FR but bass may leave a bit on the table", to now again with the same section of the same well mastered test song "WOW, I can hear everything in full force, more plush, weighty and I can tell what that instrument is from last time. This thang just can't do anything wrong. Highly recommended if you have a highly resolving headphone, otherwise apparently like the last user, you couldn't tell the difference.
Yeah it seems that xangsane usb is now the one to beat.

Jan 14, 2024 at 11:32 PM Post #4,012 of 4,366
I was curious what's the difference between 4N and 7N versions? Which one is thicker, and any difference in sound? I got the 4N Xangsane USB cable. Even Google didn't seem to know the meaning of such ~"n" terminology.
n is related with the purity of material used, so higher n number product uses purer silver. I bought their 5n usb cable and very happy with the quality of build and sound. They recently made a 6n cable as well but 5n one has a lower AWG value, which means that the 5n product uses more core materials, which I believe that it also matters for the sound.

Jan 14, 2024 at 11:33 PM Post #4,013 of 4,366
I was curious what's the difference between 4N and 7N versions? Which one is thicker, and any difference in sound? I got the 4N Xangsane USB cable. Even Google didn't seem to know the meaning of such ~"n" terminology.
Its in reference to the purity of the metal. Like 4N OCC copper would be 99.99% pure. 7N would be 99.99999% pure.

As far as I know the purest copper comes from the mines of AMERICA. (Sorry we have very little to be proud of these days)

So basically any seller that lists 7N is full of crap. Its hard to believe even the 4N claims to be honest. Just marketing...

Jan 15, 2024 at 2:42 AM Post #4,014 of 4,366
I believe the 4N etc. indicate the number of decimal Nines indicating the purity.

Jan 15, 2024 at 2:54 PM Post #4,015 of 4,366
I ordered the Xangsane 6N Silver USB cable with the Black Friday discount.
I can report that it is very good, and opens the sound. It beats my Neotech pur silver.
The Xangsane 6N Silver XLR cables are also excellent. They beat my Odin Silver XLR cables.

Jan 15, 2024 at 3:34 PM Post #4,016 of 4,366
I am looking for replace stock cable for HE1000se / meze liric, with warmer sound signature. How about these two? Worth price difference?

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! US $28.56 75%OFF | LN006749 2.5mm XLR Balanced 16 Core 99% 7N OCC Earphone Cable For GOLDPLANAR GL1200 GL2000 GL1000C Headphone
https://a.aliexpress.com/_Eyd0qy5

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! US $67.10 45%OFF | ivipQ-219 5N Single Crystal Copper Modular Plug Headphone Replacement Cable For HD650 HD800 Dual Mini 4PIN XLR HIFIMAN ANANDA
https://a.aliexpress.com/_EwlkaSh

Jan 15, 2024 at 9:17 PM Post #4,017 of 4,366
I am looking for replace stock cable for HE1000se / meze liric, with warmer sound signature. How about these two? Worth price difference?

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! US $28.56 75%OFF | LN006749 2.5mm XLR Balanced 16 Core 99% 7N OCC Earphone Cable For GOLDPLANAR GL1200 GL2000 GL1000C Headphone
https://a.aliexpress.com/_Eyd0qy5

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! US $67.10 45%OFF | ivipQ-219 5N Single Crystal Copper Modular Plug Headphone Replacement Cable For HD650 HD800 Dual Mini 4PIN XLR HIFIMAN ANANDA
https://a.aliexpress.com/_EwlkaSh
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/low...ck-cable-thread.891911/page-595#post-17920190

This thread is probably has more info on the cables you're looking for.

That seller or xinhs make decent cables but I recommend hakugei, healer, mona lisa or gray dragon are excellent. You can ask them to customize the connectors for whichever headhpone you want.

Jan 16, 2024 at 6:20 PM Post #4,019 of 4,366
Hello everyone. I'm just looking for some power conditioner, and power cable to. I need. To R26 Gustard, and Line magnetic lm 845 premium.
Power conditioner or linear power supply?

I dont know of any power conditioners on aliexpress that I could recommend. Unless you build one yourself. They sell the parts for DIY.

I do know that there were a few that some have tried but in general, I wouldnt trust it unless I built it myself.

Lots of power cables to choose from, whats your budget?

Jan 17, 2024 at 11:40 AM Post #4,020 of 4,366
Power conditioner or linear power supply?

I dont know of any power conditioners on aliexpress that I could recommend. Unless you build one yourself. They sell the parts for DIY.

I do know that there were a few that some have tried but in general, I wouldnt trust it unless I built it myself.

Lots of power cables to choose from, whats your budget?
You have right I asked for power supply.
My budget power supply max 500 used (euro) cable to 500. Of course if similar you can give me I can add value. And cheaper options it's much better

Users who are viewing this thread

Back