Aliexpress Cables
Jun 17, 2023 at 4:43 PM Post #3,541 of 4,362
I use a Odin 2 digital coax, not with the clone WBT connectors. My version going from PC to the Ifi DDC I like better than any of the other digital coax I have, including a Blue Jeans version.

You could try re-terminating with Eichmann connectors or even try the Furutech solderless. Just start before the hot glue. The hot glue, brass clone WBT connectors and probably Cheap solder affects the sonic performance of the cable. Just a thought.
Yes I thought of that, but the cables are 1.5ft... I have no play, especially that I moved Node 2 away from DAC to accommodate shorter GB wiring.... I really doubt that the Odin would be the first silver based cables that I would like though... The blue jeans are really performing in this system. Haven't tried other cables though... Now I wonder if it is possible to make 75 ohm cables with Nemoi... the right plug?... search on the internet just directed me to Belden 75 ohm for DIY... I had tried a simple RCA cable to connect coax. It worked and some have commented that it shouldn't be a problem in audio systems... (?)... Now that my system is so clean and transparent (bragging aside), I will try one of my Cardas/Nemoi if I can reach the DAC w it (oh Lord)

Jun 17, 2023 at 4:58 PM Post #3,542 of 4,362
Yes I thought of that, but the cables are 1.5ft... I have no play, especially that I moved Node 2 away from DAC to accommodate shorter GB wiring.... I really doubt that the Odin would be the first silver based cables that I would like though... The blue jeans are really performing in this system. Haven't tried other cables though... Now I wonder if it is possible to make 75 ohm cables with Nemoi... the right plug?... search on the internet just directed me to Belden 75 ohm for DIY... I had tried a simple RCA cable to connect coax. It worked and some have commented that it shouldn't be a problem in audio systems... (?)... Now that my system is so clean and transparent (bragging aside), I will try one of my Cardas/Nemoi if I can reach the DAC w it (oh Lord)
Ok replying to myself. Just tried a regular RCA from Node2 to DAC... lol... you can try it if you want a good laugh. The system has become "stupid"... tripping on it's shoe laces... missing some notes and carrying an overhang... it's really like the feed is faster than the recipient (probably is)

Jun 17, 2023 at 5:22 PM Post #3,543 of 4,362
Blue jeans cables are Made from Belden or Canare, nothing fancy.

Jun 17, 2023 at 5:44 PM Post #3,544 of 4,362
Blue jeans cables are Made from Belden or Canare, nothing fancy.
And that doesn't mean much... as well you know. Now I would like to try a fancy copper based coax, but they don't seem to be legion.. or I expect out of my price preferences unless I fall in love.

Jun 17, 2023 at 5:48 PM Post #3,545 of 4,362
I have the odin coax cable with knockoff wbt connectors, that thing easily outperformed a real AQ carbon.

Jun 17, 2023 at 5:57 PM Post #3,546 of 4,362
Geeezz... And how long before you can make a reliable assumption about them..
They audibly slowly improve over time. Around the 300 hour mark you get a pretty good idea of what you have. They keep improving slightly until about 500 hours of signal through them.

Jun 18, 2023 at 8:41 PM Post #3,547 of 4,362
For those that have tried or experimented with passive ground boxes, how would you compare the install at component line level vs AC ground?

I have ordered more wire and parts. Because of the success I have had installing at line level (RCA inputs and outputs), I am thinking of trying AC now. But before I spend a lot of time experimenting on AC ground, am curious as to others experiences? Any details would help. Differences in the mix that made a difference?
I use a box from Ali, the big 18kg with 4-output. And an ataudio occ copper bulk ac cable with live and neutral line connected to a. Monosaudio high-quality ac plug, both to earth,, each the two line being plugged at the other end with Xangsane bananas to two outs of the box. This brings a blacker background, enhanced details and a more relaxed sound.

My theory on grounding cables is they have to be shielded and that it's best to leave the shield floating.

I use a cable that has the freq response needed to drain the noise that need to be drained out, so ac cables for power strips and isolators, and smaller cables with greater bandwith for digital gears. I think the same logic applies to grounding box themselves, some materials will be more effective depending of freq range required.

Speaking of enhancement coming from AC tweaks, this strip (with a ncf iec connector and gtx-d (r) ncf receptacle, a monosaudio rhodium, a non-plated Aucharm and neotech wire from a bulk nrp-3001 cord) was a significant improvement. More so than grounding it afterwards. It is made of 12mm aluminium with multiple coating layers to kill noise. Best strip i have tried. I mentioned this a few times already, but this strip is just great IMO.

https://www.buytome.com/goods/item/detail/id/666588822769/t/taobao

Jun 19, 2023 at 3:32 AM Post #3,548 of 4,362
MAJOR SONIC BREAKTHROUGHS for my system today. And to refine that already sumptuous sound with countless tweaks was a tough balancing act to follow.

Added ultra fine graphite powder and rough shungite chips to my 4 grounding boxes (more here on the grounding box thread)

Pimped out my AC wall socket with a thin strip of fo.Q TA-102 (the thick black dampening polymer you see on the sides), along with silver faraday fabric tape as shown. To me this sounded better than having any tape actually touching the wall plate or the other direction; the TA-102is touching both the plate and wall and a 45 degree angle.
20230618_231029.jpg

This increased the 'wow factor' with even more 3D like presentation and lifelike elements. Shown is 1 of my 2 15-core Valhalla AC cables (with silver faraday fabric tape on the base towards the connector side); which was so far my favorite out of the 5-ish AC cables I've tried, including but not limited to the Odin Gold, MonosAudio P902 and Wels Signature. Shown below was my AC plate setup at the previous house, which I based this off of.
20230605_213300.jpg

Applied strips of fo.Q SH-22K to the sides of my gear. This is a fairly thick, special concoction from fo.Q which is from the Japanese Science and Technology agency, this has two layers of the thick TA-102 with a sort of foam center and comes as a solid non-adhesive sheet. So I bought something from Amazon called Tack It Over & over. I applied a thin layer of this re-usable glue to the back of the SH-22K and let it dry, now it's basically just like their dampening sheets that have adhesive.
51LaJ6oMe4L._AC_.jpg

Finally I found a use for the SH-22K! I didn't notice anything when just placing it on top of components like what was recommended (though I've heard it works well on speaker boxes), and it's certainly not agile enough to bend around any connectors. But THIS is THE magic bullet! Cut into smaller pieces and apply on the sides of your components. So far I've applied these to the sides of my big amp, Audio-GD DI20, DC LPS and LHY OCK2 clock and every time it adds to the wow factor with more balanced sound and robust bass and even smoothing / sweetening the treble even more. It also seemed to give the same great effect on the outside of grounding boxes!

Note: fo.Q has just gone out of business to you're lucky to find any SH-22K (or SH-21K which is the same thing in a larger sheet size).
20230618_231057.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2023 at 5:57 AM Post #3,549 of 4,362
Got my fake Audioquest Thunderbird today from the Audioson store. Pretty much looks like the real thing. Pouch, cable clamp, even the dbs units look real with the correct velcro strips.
F13D9513-6B19-4644-90DD-85563BAB5C34.jpeg
205D40B9-2B47-48B3-8FFA-815778B28BF3.jpeg
62893705-038A-44A9-960F-E0C93A4F6A2D.jpeg

AA853987-E43E-4B56-A724-88FC9474CD02.jpeg

Sound pretty good after 30 minutes of playing. Massive bass and a bit hot on the highs but nothing that won’t go away I suppose. After 2 weeks I’ll get back to you with a sound report.

Jun 19, 2023 at 3:40 PM Post #3,550 of 4,362
Got my fake Audioquest Thunderbird today from the Audioson store. Pretty much looks like the real thing. Pouch, cable clamp, even the dbs units look real with the correct velcro strips. F13D9513-6B19-4644-90DD-85563BAB5C34.jpeg205D40B9-2B47-48B3-8FFA-815778B28BF3.jpeg62893705-038A-44A9-960F-E0C93A4F6A2D.jpeg

AA853987-E43E-4B56-A724-88FC9474CD02.jpeg
Sound pretty good after 30 minutes of playing. Massive bass and a bit hot on the highs but nothing that won’t go away I suppose. After 2 weeks I’ll get back to you with a sound report.
These look almost identical to my genuine TB, the grubby pic of which is below ... but my DBS pack has Level X on them ?
My TB had great bass but was not bright. That said AQ run in their cables from this series for 36 hours before despatch apparently which I don't expect has happened with yours so after 36 hours hopefully no brightness. I bet other than the Level X bit the cables themselves are exactly the same !!

Attachments

• IMG_1304 2.jpg
    IMG_1304 2.jpg
    6.5 MB · Views: 0
Jun 19, 2023 at 3:44 PM Post #3,551 of 4,362
These look almost identical to my genuine TB, the grubby pic of which is below ... but my DBS pack has Level X on them ?
My TB had great bass but was not bright. That said AQ run in their cables from this series for 36 hours before despatch apparently which I don't expect has happened with yours so after 36 hours hopefully no brightness. I bet other than the Level X bit the cables themselves are exactly the same !!
Brightness was gone after an hour or two. Cable sounds great on the first day. I think that never happened before. Looking forward to the fully broken in result!

Jun 19, 2023 at 4:58 PM Post #3,552 of 4,362
My Arya Staealth have 200 hours on them but because my system is so resolving I can hear right in the upper mids where it still needs to burn in... :)

Jun 19, 2023 at 5:51 PM Post #3,553 of 4,362
This is a photo on my tv before I rewired the Ground Box (wet) with the insides of NEOTECH NEMOS speaker cable.
IMG_1601.jpeg

This is a photo on my TV after. See red flat wire on the side. That contains two rectangular conductors teflon isolated w a polyethylene outer shell. Hope one can see increase in detail (especially in the gold piece) Overall experience is more natural with a broader colour palette and increased resolution. I even want to take another pic after 100 hours to see if there’s a difference. PS: I realize they were taken at different times of the day and the first pic is advantaged by the lack of reflection on the screen (darker blacks).. still the increase in definition can be sorted out on the second pic.
IMG_1783.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1783.jpeg
    IMG_1783.jpeg
    188.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 19, 2023 at 6:02 PM Post #3,554 of 4,362
More pics of NEOTECH
IMG_1779.jpeg

IMG_1775.jpeg

IMG_1778.jpeg

IMG_1771.jpeg

There is a lot of vibration on my furniture (to the touch) so I unscrewed the power distributor from the stand. Improved sound right away

IMG_1752.jpeg

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2023 at 6:33 PM Post #3,555 of 4,362
NEOTECH NEMOI w Ali Furutec plugs IC project
IMG_1748.jpeg

IMG_1757.jpeg

Small solid core copper wires to assist connection of rectangular NEOs
IMG_1751.jpeg

Monosaudio bananas gold plated copper (came w nice shrink but too tight, pain to insert)
IMG_1706.jpeg

IMG_1755.jpeg

Nice blue Cat 7 bulk w zinc plated cat7 tool less plugs (I use a lot of Minicel L200 polyethylene closed cell foam for vibration control, often with pieces of kebab sticks (wood).. electrically and magnetically stable, more on that)
IMG_1761.jpeg

IMG_1749.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1706.jpeg
    IMG_1706.jpeg
    981.3 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back