Aliexpress Cables
Jan 26, 2023 at 2:44 AM Post #2,716 of 4,456
Jan 26, 2023 at 2:32 PM Post #2,718 of 4,456
Anyone have a good source for the fo.Q TA-102 tape?
I got them from Japanese eBay sellers, prices should be pretty good now since the usd is strong.

Jan 26, 2023 at 3:42 PM Post #2,719 of 4,456
Whao!!! Finally got my grounding mat for under the balanced transformer and the grounding box! Phenomenal! :scream:

This has got to be the biggest improvement since the Faraday tape....

Blacker background and greater dynamics!!! All the notes just pop now!

Guys, for $20 you have to try this. never imagined static electricity from the carpet could wreak such havoc on the sound!

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2255...2RoUUwA&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa&_randl_shipto=US
Well I ordered two mats to play around with in my system. Looks like it includes the anti-ESD wire, and not the strap. Any recommendations on application for this external wire for an audio setup?

Jan 26, 2023 at 5:29 PM Post #2,720 of 4,456
Anyone have a good source for the fo.Q TA-102 tape?
I buy TA-102 and TA-32 from eBay. Shipped from Japan and usually in my hands within 1-2 weeks.

Jan 26, 2023 at 8:36 PM Post #2,722 of 4,456
Well I ordered two mats to play around with in my system. Looks like it includes the anti-ESD wire, and not the strap. Any recommendations on application for this external wire for an audio setup?
Like I said I just clipped it to the ground post on the transformer...seems the grounding box was not working it's best on the carpet without the mat. Once I isolated it the grounding box really kicked into gear, so I got a double benefit... I know I promised pictures but I came down with a bad cold and don't feel like fidling right now, feel like crap...

Jan 29, 2023 at 2:40 AM Post #2,723 of 4,456
26 days later... $3.78 (shipped) Aucharm fuse arrives. Installed it about 2 hours ago. Cleaned fuse contacts and applied Nano Liquid then installed it. Initial impression is it is in fact better (or I like it better) than the stock glass fuse. Installed in DAC. The DAC has two fuses, the smaller I replaced previously with the Aliexpress Aucharm red 5x20mm. This white Aucharm inexpensive fuse replaced the stock glass fuse which was also treated with Nano Liquid.

For final judgement I will have to give it a couple of weeks to burn-in. But so far the change from adding the new $4 fuse reminds me of a decent upgrade with interconnects. Does not change the sonic signature of the system like some fuses can. No negative side effects or system degradation that I can detect. Basically a bit more micro detail across the frequency spectrum, more open feeling soundstage, slightly quicker note attack and slightly better sound separation. Overall improving the presentation. My gut says the PRaT has been slightly improved but not sure.

Link to fuse:
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2255...2qd6aem&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa&_randl_shipto=US

Attachments

• Inexpensive Aucharm fuse 1.JPG
    Inexpensive Aucharm fuse 1.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 0
  • ‌inexpensive Aucharm fuse 2.jpg
    ‌inexpensive Aucharm fuse 2.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 0
Jan 29, 2023 at 9:54 PM Post #2,724 of 4,456
Here is a quick update after about 5 hours of listening to the system with the new Aucharm white, less than $4 fuse installed in DAC. Same impression I had after install except that the system is a bit more musical. I like this fuse, especially for the price. Highly recommend for anyone thinking about trying an audio grade fuse but does not want to spend serious money to try an audio grade fuse. What impresses me the most is that the fuse just improves overall performance, without changing the sonic signature in any way.

Jan 31, 2023 at 7:26 PM Post #2,725 of 4,456
Here are the pics of that grounding mat I promised... excuse the dirty floor! :rolling_eyes:

20230131_191941.jpg
20230131_191946.jpg
20230131_191952.jpg
20230131_191959.jpg

Jan 31, 2023 at 8:39 PM Post #2,726 of 4,456
Here are the pics of that grounding mat I promised... excuse the dirty floor! :rolling_eyes:

20230131_191941.jpg20230131_191946.jpg20230131_191952.jpg20230131_191959.jpg
Yah, any components or often cables, the static electricity from carpet will usually degrade sonic performance in an audio system.

Jan 31, 2023 at 8:55 PM Post #2,727 of 4,456
Yah, any components or often cables, the static electricity from carpet will usually degrade sonic performance in an audio system.
So will the wooden blocks on the cables act as efficient 'buffers' to keep them off the floor? That's how I have them...sort of 'resting' on the wooden blocks. My system sounds really good now.

Jan 31, 2023 at 9:12 PM Post #2,728 of 4,456
So will the wooden blocks on the cables act as efficient 'buffers' to keep them off the floor? That's how I have them...sort of 'resting' on the wooden blocks. My system sounds really good now.
Maybe, they really should be lifted above the carpet. Try using a box or similar and see if you hear a difference.

Feb 1, 2023 at 3:32 AM Post #2,729 of 4,456
Here is a quick update after about 5 hours of listening to the system with the new Aucharm white, less than $4 fuse installed in DAC. Same impression I had after install except that the system is a bit more musical. I like this fuse, especially for the price. Highly recommend for anyone thinking about trying an audio grade fuse but does not want to spend serious money to try an audio grade fuse. What impresses me the most is that the fuse just improves overall performance, without changing the sonic signature in any way.
I also highly recommend these fuses for those still using stock. Slightly on the dry side for my tastes, but more dynamic, engaging, and transparent without really screwing with tonality. It doesn’t beat SR or other expensive ones, but most of the people I know liked these. Couple of them didn’t like it for various reasons.

Also make sure to try both directions yourself on the fuse.
The markings on the label don’t mean anything, so you gotta figure out the correct way for each individual fuse.

Feb 1, 2023 at 6:00 AM Post #2,730 of 4,456
I also highly recommend these fuses for those still using stock. Slightly on the dry side for my tastes, but more dynamic, engaging, and transparent without really screwing with tonality. It doesn’t beat SR or other expensive ones, but most of the people I know liked these. Couple of them didn’t like it for various reasons.

Also make sure to try both directions yourself on the fuse.
The markings on the label don’t mean anything, so you gotta figure out the correct way for each individual fuse.
Agreed on direction with audio grade fuses. Sounded good with first install so left it the way it is. The reason I mentioned it was the fuse is less than $4 shipped, and sonically perform better than stock glass fuses, at least in my DAC that I tried it. I have two SR Purple fuses in my main system and liked them but they were $200+ a piece.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back