Aliexpress Cables
Dec 6, 2022 at 11:39 PM Post #2,206 of 4,361
I'm gonna take a wild guess and say thats sendust tape.

Maybe they added or changed the concentration of the base ingredients?

All I know is that if I did what szore did with the oyaide tape, it'd kill all of the bass and flatten the sound like a pancake.
The bass is so rich, tho. I'm listening to a techno track and the bass is rich and abundant, and very clean and transparent, but not thin at all, the opposite. I don't even have the EQ engaged....

Dec 6, 2022 at 11:51 PM Post #2,207 of 4,361
The bass is so rich, tho. I'm listening to a techno track and the bass is rich and abundant, and very clean and transparent, but not thin at all, the opposite. I don't even have the EQ engaged....
Maybe the composition is different. Or maybe permalloy?

I tested a couple strips of the oyaide tape on the outlet wall plate and it was enough to flatten the sound. Although it did drop the noise floor.

I'll revisit the tape and test it out again, maybe only a tiny piece is enough to get the desired effect.

Dec 7, 2022 at 12:00 AM Post #2,208 of 4,361
I'm gonna take a wild guess and say thats sendust tape.

Maybe they added or changed the concentration of the base ingredients?

All I know is that if I did what szore did with the oyaide tape, it'd kill all of the bass and flatten the sound like a pancake.
LOL Anywhere near signal transmission and will suck the life out of my system.

Dec 7, 2022 at 5:53 AM Post #2,209 of 4,361
I bought from Queenway a customized HDMI cable that does not perform as expected.
I want to send it back, and get a refund, but the seller does not send me a Return label and return instructions.
What should I do?

Dec 7, 2022 at 8:36 AM Post #2,210 of 4,361
I bought from Queenway a customized HDMI cable that does not perform as expected.
I want to send it back, and get a refund, but the seller does not send me a Return label and return instructions.
What should I do?
When you say does not perform as expected, do you mean that you were expecting more or that it doesnt work?

Dec 7, 2022 at 9:35 AM Post #2,211 of 4,361
When you say does not perform as expected, do you mean that you were expecting more or that it doesnt work?
I asked them if they can make a customized HDMI cable to connect the DI-20HE to the Gustard R26, and that will play both PCM and DSD.
They said that they can, but the cable that I received plays only PCM, like the HDMI cables that I have already.

EDIT
They said "Please send to us", but do not reply to my requests to receive a return label and return instructions.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2022 at 9:46 AM Post #2,212 of 4,361
I asked them if they can make a customized HDMI cable to connect the DI-20HE to the Gustard R26, and that will play both PCM and DSD.
They said that they can, but the cable that I received plays only PCM, like the HDMI cables that I have already.

EDIT
They said "Please send to us", but do not reply to my requests to receive a return label and return instructions.
I don't think that has anything to do with the cable.

If it plays pcm, the cable works and its a software setting. What player are you using?

Dec 7, 2022 at 9:52 AM Post #2,213 of 4,361
I don't think that has anything to do with the cable.

If it plays pcm, the cable works and its a software setting. What player are you using?
I use Roon, Audirvana Origin, and JRiver.
But it's not a software issue. The configurations of the pins between the DI-20HE and the R26 are not the same. That was the reason for which I ordered from them a customized cable.

By playing PCM, their cable does what my standard HDMI cables do. But it does not play DSD as it was supposed to do.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2022 at 9:57 AM Post #2,214 of 4,361
I use Roon, Audirvana Origin, and JRiver.
But it's not a software issue. The configurations of the pins between the DI-20HE and the R26 are not the same. That was the reason for which I ordered from them a customized cable.
The di20he has options to change the pinout in the menu but if the cable is working properly with PCM, that means that there is a configuration issue with the software.

DSD is tricky to get working on audirvana, dont know about roon. I'm more familiar with Jriver.

Dec 7, 2022 at 10:01 AM Post #2,215 of 4,361
The di20he has options to change the pinout in the menu but if the cable is working properly with PCM, that means that there is a configuration issue with the software.

DSD is tricky to get working on audirvana, dont know about roon. I'm more familiar with Jriver.
I tried all the options of the DI-20HE.
The problem has nothing to do with the software, because I have other DACs and they play DSD and PCM when I connect them to the DI-20HE.

Dec 7, 2022 at 10:47 AM Post #2,217 of 4,361
Normally a standard HDMI cable would support both PCM and DSD. Try setting the Roon / Device Setup / DSD Playback Strategy to DSD Over PCM.
I'm using a Mac, so all my players handle DSD as DoP.
The problem is in a different I2S implementation between the two devices. The problem with the R26 is well known among DI-20HE users.

Dec 7, 2022 at 10:52 AM Post #2,218 of 4,361
That's interesting, the DoP implementation only requires the PCM signal pins. That suppose if PCM works, the DSD signal will ride on PCM formats.
Try go through all the setting including in Roon and R26 to see what's missing.

Dec 7, 2022 at 10:57 AM Post #2,219 of 4,361
If I understood properly the issue, the R26 needs to receive a signal by pin 15 (?) to understand that it receives a DSD sound. And the DI-20HE does not deliver such signal by pin 15.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2022 at 12:20 PM Post #2,220 of 4,361
OFF TOPIC

Can i make a grounding cable for my ifi ac purifier with speaker wire?

I am going from ifi purifier (bare wire inserted in ifi) to rca connector amp side....

Also...does type of solder matter???

I want to mimic the cable on the left side...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221207-111248.png
    Screenshot_20221207-111248.png
    371.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back