Aliexpress Cables
Sep 4, 2022 at 1:44 AM Post #691 of 4,456
Got this Odin 2 (0.3m) USB cable today to upgrade my USB cable. Super SUPER pleased with the result. I was coming from a decent hi-fi quality brand name that's lost on me (below), which I fitted with premium ferrite chokes that work on attenuating specific frequencies and actually did improve the sound. THIS however is a different beast! Instant audibly noticeable upgrade. Sound is much more vivid, with both soundstage and freq. response more full / wider, even more lush, velvety and just true to life in general. And that's even with no burn-in! This was used after my USB optical cable and series of USB regenerators / purifiers then this into the DDC that's before the DAC.

20220903_202604.jpg

previous:
20220903_204716.jpg

I got it from seller Getwire. I requested the "Odin 2" USB cable since I didn't see it, but whether or not it's labeled as Odin 2, if it looks the same as the above, it will be the same one.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2022 at 1:57 AM Post #692 of 4,456
Got this Odin 2 (0.3m) USB cable today to upgrade my USB cable. Super SUPER pleased with the result. I was coming from a decent hi-fi quality brand name that's lost on me (below), which I fitted with premium ferrite chokes that work on attenuating specific frequencies and actually did improve the sound. THIS however is a different beast! Instant audibly noticeable upgrade. Sound is much more vivid, with both soundstage and freq. response more full / wider, even more lush, velvety and just true to life in general. And that's even with no burn-in! This was used after my USB optical cable and series of USB regenerators / purifiers then this into the DDC that's before the DAC.

20220903_202604.jpg
previous:
20220903_204716.jpg

I got it from seller Getwire. I requested the "Odin 2" USB cable since I didn't see it, but whether or not it's labeled as Odin 2, if it looks the same as the above, it will be the same one.
The interesting thing is likely it costed you the price of lunch or a dinner. LOL that cracks me up!

Sep 4, 2022 at 2:12 AM Post #694 of 4,456
Sep 4, 2022 at 2:32 AM Post #695 of 4,456

20220903_202604.jpg
previous:
20220903_204716.jpg

Yeah I remember that usb cable made a pretty big difference.

Surprising how much the silver makes and the conductor shielding with teflon sleeve probably helps alot to reduce the EMI bleed from the power in the cable.

Sep 4, 2022 at 5:25 AM Post #696 of 4,456
I had the same cable but I blew it out during my bic500 mishap. Instantly ordered another one, awesome cable!

Sep 4, 2022 at 5:40 AM Post #697 of 4,456
This is from the sellers page concerning the "things" clipped to my chasis...lol

Principle of action:

1. It can reduce the static electricity generated by the accumulation of free electrons, so that the equipment casing maintains a stable potential and reduces interference with signals. The sound is more stable and the sound field is more clear.

2. It can reduce the static potential energy of electrons.

Instructions:

1. Connect to the case, preferably on the screw. It can change the spatial separation well and the sound is simulated. It is best to use every device in the system. Note: Different screws on the device have different sounds and you can try more.

2. Connect the negative terminal of the speaker terminal of the amplifier output to improve the softness of the sound.

3. One device can use multiple electronic black holes, and the effects can be superimposed.

4. If the case has no conductive place, try to clamp it on the interface.

Sep 4, 2022 at 11:18 AM Post #698 of 4,456
This is from the sellers page concerning the "things" clipped to my chasis...lol

Principle of action:

1. It can reduce the static electricity generated by the accumulation of free electrons, so that the equipment casing maintains a stable potential and reduces interference with signals. The sound is more stable and the sound field is more clear.

2. It can reduce the static potential energy of electrons.

Instructions:

1. Connect to the case, preferably on the screw. It can change the spatial separation well and the sound is simulated. It is best to use every device in the system. Note: Different screws on the device have different sounds and you can try more.

2. Connect the negative terminal of the speaker terminal of the amplifier output to improve the softness of the sound.

3. One device can use multiple electronic black holes, and the effects can be superimposed.

4. If the case has no conductive place, try to clamp it on the interface.
So the design of the device is to help reduce static electricity within a component. Although I have never heard of this phenomenon being a thing before, I suppose anything is possible. Since you have one of these magical devices on hand, try it at different places and “if” there is an appreciable audible difference I would open it up and see how it is designed and then research how to make a better one.

Sep 4, 2022 at 11:35 AM Post #699 of 4,456
I would open it up and see how it is designed and then research how to make a better one.
Would personally like to see what's inside it, too.

Let's start placing bets...

A. Ferrite core
B. Magnet
C. Metal block with wire wrapped around it
D. Polyfill
E. Petroleum jelly
F. Hopes and dreams
G. Hello Kitty and/or a Polly Pocket
H. Nothing
I. The answer to life, the universe, and everything

Sep 4, 2022 at 11:55 AM Post #700 of 4,456
I read there is a "silicone wafer" inside. Ohhh.... :thinking:

It's heavy and dense and filled with black epoxy...I would need a hacksaw at least to cut this open....

20220904_115651.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2022 at 11:59 AM Post #701 of 4,456
Would personally like to see what's inside it, too.

Let's start placing bets...

A. Ferrite core
B. Magnet
C. Metal block with wire wrapped around it
D. Polyfill
E. Petroleum jelly
F. Hopes and dreams
G. Hello Kitty and/or a Polly Pocket
H. Nothing
I. The answer to life, the universe, and everything
I'm going to add.

J. Rhino Horn
K. Civet musk glands
L. Bear Bile

Sep 4, 2022 at 12:11 PM Post #702 of 4,456
Coming back to the IEM cables, I cannot recommend enough. The palladium plated gold plated silver one sheds a light on the mids, really highlights the Szalayi's planar driver. The foundatation is what you get on the gold plated silver without palladium cable. Both cables have HUGE soundstages that really open up, and also great clarity and detail. And everything has that sweet, gold plated shimmer, absolutley stunning! I'm using the GPS with Szalayi and it is holographic, sweet, egaging with stunning clarity and detail, the SZA really lights up! All my IEM's I tried with these cables were super charged, It's like getting a whole new IEM collection with 1 upgrade, its THAT dramatic. Easily on par with $1K+ cables. And they are both 8 wire. The 8 wire Horus sells for $3,400, this is $220....

20220904_115809.jpg

Sep 4, 2022 at 12:16 PM Post #703 of 4,456
20220904_115651.jpg

Well is says right on it what's in it.​

Sep 4, 2022 at 12:23 PM Post #704 of 4,456
Coming back to the IEM cables, I cannot recommend enough. The palladium plated gold plated silver one sheds a light on the mids, really highlights the Szalayi's planar driver. The foundatation is what you get on the gold plated silver without palladium cable. Both cables have HUGE soundstages that really open up, and also great clarity and detail. And everything has that sweet, gold plated shimmer, absolutley stunning! I'm using the GPS with Szalayi and it is holographic, sweet, egaging with stunning clarity and detail, the SZA really lights up! All my IEM's I tried with these cables were super charged, It's like getting a whole new IEM collection with 1 upgrade, its THAT dramatic. Easily on par with $1K+ cables. And they are both 8 wire. The 8 wire Horus sells for $3,400, this is $220....

20220904_115809.jpg
Do you have the link for this cable?

Sep 4, 2022 at 12:38 PM Post #705 of 4,456
I finally had my cables delivered Friday evening.
They sure feel and look nice.
Not really pliable but I managed to have them angled well enough.

Pertaining to sound I have no opinion at the moment especially since my DAC is also brand new.

I’m considering the USB cable as well once I decide which transport I should get for my DAC.
85F390A8-315C-4766-85AE-DE868C8096B7.jpeg

The blocks are growing on me….

Users who are viewing this thread

Back