Alientek FY1 384/32 DAC and AMP?!? Can anyone read Chinese?
Feb 12, 2015 at 1:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Oktyabr

100+ Head-Fier
I wish I could read Chinese!  I've been googling (and poking and prodding links in Chinese) trying to find a users manual download, that might be in English, but so far no good.  If anyone here can read Chinese I'd love to find a link to a users manual and/or a translation of this page?  Since the text is embedded in a full page graphic I can't get google to translate it. 
confused_face.gif

http://www.alientek.com/product/showproduct.php?lang=cn&id=41

As far as I can tell it appears to be a full blown desktop DAC/AMP with a very cool looking OLED display.  Build quality looks good in the photos too (unless they are plating knurled plastic?!?).

It appears it uses XMOS USB audio to give it decoding of everything up to 384/32 (DSD?)
Includes an ASIO 2.0 driver
PCM5122 chip that must be the DAC(?)
CS5346 chip that I am guessing is the line in ("Mic") ADC?
MAX97220 chip that also says "112db", "125mW" and "600" in the same paragraph so I'm guessing 125mW @ 600 Ohms?

Anyone know anything about any of these chips?  

I was bored and stumbled upon this video of it.  I wish there was a review in English!

http://youtu.be/y6CU4B8EdLc

Feb 13, 2015 at 2:26 AM Post #2 of 3
This is a USB sound card which can connect a headphone, I am not sure you consider it as DAC/AMP.
It can support output up to 384/32 but they haven't mentioned DSD at all.
It use PCM5122 in decode and CS5346 for encode
It only mentioned it can support 600ohms headphone but you should consider any sound come out is 'support'. This device seems get power from USB only, how would you expect it can push 600ohms headphone...

It seems this device can only input from USB and output by coaxial or optical. They YouTube demonstrate its setup menu an it looks like piece of crap for me.

Feb 13, 2015 at 3:15 AM Post #3 of 3
  This is a USB sound card which can connect a headphone, I am not sure you consider it as DAC/AMP.
It can support output up to 384/32 but they haven't mentioned DSD at all.
It use PCM5122 in decode and CS5346 for encode
It only mentioned it can support 600ohms headphone but you should consider any sound come out is 'support'. This device seems get power from USB only, how would you expect it can push 600ohms headphone...

It seems this device can only input from USB and output by coaxial or optical. They YouTube demonstrate its setup menu an it looks like piece of crap for me.

Thanks for the feedback.  I see it has a DC input in the back too and I seem to remember reading somewhere that it is capable of more power when connected that way.

I was basically shopping for a cheap DAC when I found this one while wandering reviews on youtube.  I was >this< close to buying the $100 Monoprice DAC/AMP (looked at some Fiio products in the same price range too) when I found this.  The build quality looked ok and the metal volume knob was a bit of reassurance but yeah, honestly?  I like pretty lights.  

I sometimes video skype from the road on my dell laptop and the built in mic sucks. The headphone jack is ok but doesn't really put out any more volume into my headphones (AKG K712 at home, usually ATH-M50 on the road) than my Samsung Galaxy S5 does.  It's usable but not great.  Hence the Monoprice or similar Fiio I suppose, maybe a Fulla, but none of those have a line-in and this one, with what I would suppose is a decent mic section and headphone section...   $100-$200?  Or is it just a pretty looking paperweight? 

I guess the mic isn't critical, it would just be a nice added feature.  I like what I've read about the Fulla but I'm used to a full sized desk model at home and wonder if the volume knob on it might drive me crazy.  Something about the size of this one I'm looking at, an E10K or the Monoprice would be just about right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back